Chapter.11

Kennedy.
We were all piled up in Coby's apartment, it seemed like the whole hood was at Antonio's funeral. He was loved and respected by everybody around here anyways.

Coby haven't been himself though, he's been very dry, not talking much, keep things short. It's understandable though because he just lost his brother, who was basically his father figure growing up.

Kyrie has been staying with Makayla and Zaria, their mom she's just been out of it. She didn't show no type of emotion at the funeral, just a blank face.

"Oh damn, that's his girlfriend Angela over there,"King whispered to me, and I looked over by the corner.

Angela was standing there crying silently, as her mother rubbed her back.

Angela was a skinny Puerto Rican girl, she had long jet black hair, and she had a very strong black accent.

"Is she pregnant?"I asked, as I looked at her closer.

"Yea, heard she's at least five months,"He shook his head.

I looked around the apartment and didn't recognize any of these people. Some people were trying to whisper, but they were doing a horrible job at it.

Poor thing, first her husband just walks out on them now she just lost her oldest son.

I shook my head, and got up to look for Coby.

I walked to the back of the apartment, and I pushed Coby's door open; he wasn't in there.

"He's in Ant's room,"Makayla said from behind me, I looked back and nodded with a small smile.

I walked into Antonio's room, and a big chill hit me.

Coby was sitting on the edge of the bed, with his hands on his face.

I went and sat next to him, he looked up and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Hey Ken,"He sighed.

"Hey,"I rubbed his back, "The service was beautiful."

"Yea, but it was full of people that didn't even know him like we knew him, son he was my brother I looked up to that man,"His voice got shaky, "If he had mad respect around the hood, why they had to pop him like that?"

"Jealousy,"I sighed.

"Mummy ain't been the same either, she just sits in the living room looking at nothing,"He told me, "Makayla well she puts on a strong act, but we all know she trying to stay strong for Zaria. We all know she's hurting the most out of us all, her and Antonio did everything together. He took care of Zaria like she was his own,"He sniffed, and I wiped his eyes.

"It's okay Coby, this stuff takes time but Antonio wouldn't want you moping around like this,"I rubbed his back.

"I know, it's just hard yo',"He broke down crying, "What we gone do now? Mummy ain't in no type of working mood! I really thought that picking up a gun would change everything, but that shit was mad whack,"He sobbed on my shoulder.

"Oh Coby,"I rocked him back and forth, as he sobbed some more on my shoulder.

"But you right, he wouldn't want me moping around like this."He wiped his eyes, "Thank you for being there Ken, I love you shorty."He smiled, and I gave him a small smile.

"I love you too."

We both hugged each other, and pulled away.

We stared in each other's eyes, and Coby reached in and kissed my lips.