🌸 Happy Holidays 🌸

(AN : I am SUPER sorry this took so long to post; the holidays are really busy, and I've been a bit under the weather recently.)

                    A lot could be said about Sakura Haruno. Yes, she's a strong woman, an excellent doctor, and minus the short fuse at times, most could say she's a fun person to be around. But there was one thing everyone could agree on.

                She could throw a BOMB Holiday party.

            At this particular point, Sakura was busy decorating the apartment while Sasuke and Naruto were out buying food, humming to herself. She peered out the window, frost covering part of the glass, as it had started snowing not long ago. She finished stringing the lights on the tree, placing her hands on her hips. The others like helping decorate the tree during the party, so she decided to leave the box of ornaments next to the tree for later. This was going to be the first Holiday party in the new apartment, so she wanted to make sure it was a good one.

          The front door opened, and in walked her two roommates, carrying a few bags, along with a hoagie platter for the party. Sakura walked over to Sasuke, taking the platter, also grabbing a few bags from Naruto.

           "How much traffic was there outside?" She set the platter on the counter as the two took off their jackets. "I saw it started snowing when you two left."

             Naruto nodded, ruffling his hair, which was covered in snow. "Yeah..!" He said, sighing, "It got a lot worse as we were unloading the car."

          Sasuke rolled his eyes, taking off his beanie and hanging it next to his jacket. "Don't be such a baby and go clean yourself up." He shot Naruto a look, raising an eyebrow. "Hinata said she'd be here in a half hour, and I don't think you wanna look like the abominable snow-dork when she gets here."

          Naruto's eyes widened, everything finally clicking. "Dammit, you're right!" He ran off to the bathroom to fix his hair, looking panicked.

         Sakura giggled a little, looking over at Sasuke. "Well that's ONE way to get him out of the kitchen so we can set up."

         Sasuke smirked a little, going over to the fridge. He opened it, pulling out a few containers, setting them on the counter. "Well, it's the most effective thus far." He opened the lids of the pre-prepared snacks for the party, organizing them on the counter.

          Sakura went back to making sure everything was decorated. Everything seemed to be in placr except the mistletoe. She looked around for a few tacks to stick the leaves to the doorway to the living room. However, all she could find was tape. She sighed a little, muttering to herself. "This'll have to do, I guess..."

        She stuck a piece of tape to the piece of Mistletoe, getting a running start to reach the top of the doorway. She jumped to reach the top of the doorway, slapping the piece of mistletoe to the wood above. Sasuke looked over at her, raising an eyebrow.

       "I sincerely hope you're not hoping that tape sticks all night."

      "Sasuke, have faith in the powers of scotch tape."

      A few minutes later, they heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Sakura ran over to the door to open it, revealing the girl Sasuke had apple of earlier, holding a wrapped box in her hands. 

       "Hello, Sakura..! Hello, Sasuke..!" Hinata smiled warmly at the two of them. "Is Naruto home yet..? I wanted to give him his present before the party started..."

       Sakura returned Hinata's smile, nodding. "Yeah, he's over in the bathroom; his hair got screwed up while he was out getting the hoagies."

      Hinata giggled a little, covering her mouth. "That's funny..." Her eyes lit up a little, immediately signifying that she got an idea. "What if I surprise him when he comes out..?"

      A small laugh escapes Sasuke from behind the counter. "Oh, PLEASE do that." He pulls out his phone. "I wanna make the reaction my ringtone."

     Sakura nods in Sasuke's direction. "Send that video my way after, okay?" Sasuke nodded, giving her a thumbs up in response.

       Hinata walked over to the door to wait for Naruto, giggling a little. Sakura was shushing her, trying not to laugh herself. Finally, after five minutes, Naruto opened the door.

        "Gosh, that took forever..." he muttered under his breath, rubbing his eyes. He looked up, seeing his girlfriend, and immediately jumped back a little in surprise. "SHIT, YOU'RE EARLY..!"

         The apartment erupted in laughter from the three others. Naruto sighed, rubbing his forehead. "I'm sorry, dear..." Hinata wiped a tear of laughter from her eye, hugging Naruto. "The timing was too perfect..."

        Sasuke stopped recording, snickering at Sakura's attempts at calming down. Sakura leaned on the counter, clutching her stomach. She looked over at her Raven-Haired roommate, flashing him a smile. Something told them that if this had been any consultation, then this party would be pretty good.

            About an hour later, everyone had shown up. Naruto was trying to impress Hinata in the kitchen with his lack of knowledge on holiday movies, Sai was helping Ino put ornaments on higher branches on the tree, Neji and Lee were trying to stop a VERY drunk Tenten from throwing an empty bottle at loud cars honking on the street below the balcony, Kakashi and Guy were playing beer pong at the table, Neji had Tenten on a Skype call so she could be at the party, and Choji was eating everything on the cracker platter.

          Sakura was standing off to the side, a glass of wine in her hand, smiling to herself. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and no one had broken anything, so she could say that the party was going well; the best it had been for a while.

        "Oi, Sakura?" Sasuke called out to her from the other room. "Can you come here? I'm having some trouble with this bottle." He gestures to the wine bottle on the counter.

         Sakura nodded, walking through the doorway with the mistletoe. She set one foot into the kitchen before the green bunch of leaves gently hit her in the head, before falling on the floor. She sighed a little, picking up the little bundle.

         "Don't say it, Sasuke, I know you were right." She stood on her toes to reach the top of the doorway, re-taping the mistletoe to where it was. When she securely taped it, the Uchiha walked over to where he was, smiling a little. She met his eyes, and he gestured to the mistletoe hanging above them.

          "Well, would you look at that." Sasuke smiled a little at the pinkette's blushing face, the realization hitting her like a bus. A few of their friends looked over at their situation. Naruto started laughing, Ino whipped out her camera, and Tenten, for the first time that night, stopped trying to throw the glass bottle.

         Sasuke finally closed the space between the two of them, as the apartment erupted in screams. The two pulled away after a few moments, smiling at each other.

         "I..." Sakura began, ruffling her hair a little, "...will probably NEVER get used to that."

        "I mean, it's only been a week, so that's understandable for you to say." Sasuke chuckled a bit, raising an eyebrow.

         "Wait wait wait wait wait." The two turned to Ino, who looked EXTREMELY confused. "When, exactly, were you going to TELL us this?!"

        "Yeah..!" Naruto spoke up, crossing his arms. "I didn't even know, and I LIVE with you two!"

         Sakura giggled a little. "Well, we wanted to wait until now to make the announcement." She peered up at Sasuke. "It was actually HIS idea."

        As the place erupted in confused shouting, the two of them smiled at each other once more. This'd take a LOT of explaining later on...

TheDemonGirl84