Valentine's Day Misunderstanding

One thing Lisa didn't know was how she got lucky enough to be close friends with her crush. Seriously, she had no idea how she did it, but she's so damn thankful for it. She gets to hang out with the girl that makes her heart skip a beat every single day. Chaeyoung was incredibly intelligent and absolutely stunning. The girl was artistic, well spoken, wise beyond her years, (yes, once again) stunning, and boy did Lisa like her. And she wished more than anything to have the guts to tell her, but that just wasn't Lisa. Lisa was way too shy to do something so scary, and was one of the biggest nerds in school, the complete opposite of Chaeyoung on the popularity scale. She didn't think telling the girl about her feelings would be wise.

Another thing Lisa didn't know was that Chaeyoung knew Lisa had a crush on her. Lisa couldn't tell she was really obvious about it, but Chaeyoung knew, along with the entirety of their school. Lisa never thought Chaeyoung would notice the longing stares, the loving sighs or the day-dreamy looks she sported but... who wouldn't? Chaeyoung's tried telling the girl she felt the same way many times, but she never took the hint.

Valentine's Day was quickly approaching and for a whole month, Lisa knew she wanted to take a big risk and tell Chaeyoung how she felt. She was going to push herself to do this no matter what, and hey, maybe Chaeyoung would admire her for it.

It took a while for Lisa to come up with the perfect gift. Chaeyoung was constantly talking about wanting to cuddle (it was one of the many ways the brown eyed girl tried hinting at Lisa and one of the many things that went right over Lisa's head).

Lisa thought the perfect gift to give the girl of her dreams would be a big stuffed animal. They sold giant teddy bears at the store and Lisa immediately thought of them when she heard Chaeyoung sigh out, "I just really want to cuddle up in my bed and watch Netflix all day."

That day after school, Lisa drove herself to the store and went straight to the big bin of teddy bears. She took a good twenty minutes trying to find the perfect one for the perfect girl and settled on a big yellow one. It even had a button you could push to hear it talk. Lisa grinned as she carried the giant stuffed animal over to the cashiers. She really hoped Chaeyoung was going to like her gift.

The next day (Valentine's Day), Lisa woke up an extra half hour early just so she could give herself a much needed pep talk in the mirror before school. She squeezed the only recently named giant teddy bear into the backseat of her car and drove to school, nervous butterflies flapping away in her stomach.

Once she was parked, had her things and Chaeyoung's teddy bear, Lisa took deep breaths before walking in. Knowing Chaeyoung was already at school; Lisa hid in the hallway nearest to her and Chaeyoung's lockers for a moment to text her.

'Are you at your locker?' Lisa sent to Chaeyoung, her heart hammering. She stood nervously in the hallway, earning lots of confused looks. Everyone knew about Lisa's crush but they didn't think she would be doing something like this; it was completely out of character. Lisa was too nervous to even see other students staring.

'Yeah, where you at?' Chaeyoung replied. Lisa was usually at school ten minutes before now.

'I have something for you.' Lisa sent before she could stop herself. 'I'm around the corner and I don't want you to see it yet, close your eyes.' She instructed.

'Vlodes.' Chaeyoung replied. Lisa laughed lightly, realizing Chaeyoung typed and sent her message with her eyes closed.

Lisa jumped in place to hype herself up for a second before turning the corner and marching right up to Chaeyoung who was leaning against her locker with her eyes closed. She pulled the giant teddy bear to her side with a grunt and took one last exhale before speaking.