It Can't Be True

AN: They live in the world where, if a couple are destined to be soulmates, they are gonna have matching tattoos that appears when they turned 21. Let's just pretend that Lisa is a couple months older than Rosé thus, had her tattoo earlier than her.

--

"Lisa!" Jisoo calls the girl, opening widely the door of their apartment.

She throws carelessly her things in one of the couches of the living room when she doesn't see her friend slash roommate, she quickly make her way over Lisa's bedroom.

"Lisa-Yah!" Jisoo singsongs, knocking on the girl's door.

"Come in."

Jisoo opens Lisa's door as soon as she has Lisa's permission and smiles when her eyes land on her best friend. "Guess what," the girl says, walking towards Lisa's bed and leaving the door open behind her.

Lisa looks up interested, with a smile of her own and keeps her eyes on Jisoo until the girl talks again.

"Tomorrow is Chaeyoung's birthday," Jisoo tells Lisa, wiggling her eyebrows obnoxiously at her.

Lisa rolls her eyes immediately at the mention of the girl's name and she can't help the huff that runs past her lips.

"Is that all or are you going to tell something actually interesting now?" Lisa inquiries sassily, looking back down to her laptop screen, easily losing interest in the conversation.

Jisoo rolls her eyes, not at all surprised with Lisa's reaction. "Aren't you curious about what she is going to get tattooed on her ankle now that she is turning 21?" she asks cutely, lying on her stomach to face Lisa, who is sitting with her legs crossed and leaning against the headboard of her bed.

"No."

"Come on," Jisoo chuckles pushing Lisa's legs lightly. "Why do you hate her so much? I don't get it."

"I don't hate her," Lisa denies, looking away from the screen to lock her eyes on Jisoo's, so she knows that she is being honest. "I just literally don't give a fuck about her, that's all," she adds shrugging one shoulder nonchalantly.

Jisoo rolls her eyes again and shakes her head softly. "Okay, but listen, what if she gets something that matches your own tattoo? That'd be funny," the girl laughs happily, watching Lisa as she cringes with the suggestion.

"Oh, so funny," Lisa repeats with an even voice and an unimpressed expression that makes Jisoo giggle.

"Fine. Her tattoo probably won't match yours, anyway, so don't worry. You guys won't be destined to be soulmates," Jisoo says and Lisa notices a hint of disappointment in her voice but doesn't say anything about it.

"I wasn't worried," Lisa replies sincerely with another shrug of her shoulders.

"Right," Jisoo says, remembering something. "You know, she told me to ask you if it hurts. She could have asked me, but she said, and I quote 'Unnie you got yours like a long time ago, the pain scale might not be the same' The nerve of that child. Anyway she is kinda nervous about that."

Lisa thinks about her answer for a moment and remembers the way the ink appeared overnight in her ankle the day she turned 21.

She doesn't remember suffering any pain, to be honest; Lisa just remembers that it was itching throughout the day and then it just didn't anymore, leaving the design of a butterfly behind.

But since it is Chaeyoung the person that wants to know, Lisa will have a bit of fun with it. Why not, right?

"It was one of the most painful things I had to go through," she finally replies, trying to keep her face as straight as possible. "Which is weird because love it's not supposed to hurt, but yeah," Lisa adds, trying to sound smart.