Chapter 17: Challenging Grant

Darwin POV:
Elizabeth and I have practiced battling each other for a few days now, and we all have a lot of laughs. Geo taught his team and know how to battle, and Brittany does the same. Jayden knows how to aim the attack on the opponent. Nate can dodge by flying. Bullet uses his vines to help with Julian, practicing his dodging since he doesn't dodge well. Geo practices Water Pulse to aim right to the huge rock awhile I teach Mateo how to use Rock Smach which could make rocks break into pieces.
Elizabeth teaches Amy to use Magical Leaf and Toxic Spikes awhile Brittany practices her stick from my tail to summon Psybeam and Flame Charge to aim at the tree. Logan, Nate, and Budo also practice their moves to the lake which was not deep. Serena knows how to dodge and aims directly to any rocks she can find. We trained afternoon and Tony came back from the Gym. He now has a Cliff badge and he lets us know that Grant was waiting for us to come.
Tony: "Guess who's back!"
Elizabeth: *Runs to Hugs him* "Brother, you came back from the Gym."
Victor: "Jeez, Tony! I didn't know how you will defeat Grant!"
Amy: "Elizabeth, you won't believe what I just saw!"
Elizabeth: "What happened, back from the Gym?"
Amy: "Your brother was awesome and Finn was good at dodging moves! Also, Grant says that you and Darwin are coming to his Gym."
Darwin: "Really? Wasn't it possible for only one trainer to go to the Gym alone?"
Tony: "Yeah, I told if it's legal or not. But his response: "Don't worry about that."
The next morning, Elizabeth and I got ready for the day we battle Grant. Before we go to the Gym, we brought some potions from the Pokemon Center. We enter the Gym and saw a glorious waterfall around the Gym. Elizabeth had never seen that cave so wonderful with all the water around. I just hope this day wasn't that bad. Before we walked to Grant, we spotted gym trainers prepared for trainers to come by.

Frogadier (Geo) POV:
       As we enter the Gym, I noticed Julian trembled with fear as everyone else is doing warm-ups before the battle. I tell Julian to see him he's okay, but he says he's just nervous battling Grant.
Frogadier (Geo): "Don't you worry about everything, Julian. You'll be fine."
Heliolisk (Julian): "I don't know about this, Geo. I'm not strong enough for Rock-Type Pokemon."
Ivysaur (Bullet): "At least you have friends who are here to help you, pal."
Honedge (Jayden): "But Bullet, there's one problem. We don't know who is going to battle first."
     When Bullet told me about the problem, we realize how we are going to do this. Darwin and Elizabeth defeat six trainers in Cyllage Gym and earning more Pokedollars. As they go to the top, we finally met Grant, who was also a Gym Leader.
Grant: "I've been waiting in eager anticipation! What have I been waiting for?"
Elizabeth: "Grant, we are here to challenge a battle from you!"
Darwin: "So, does that mean it's a double battle or one verse one?"
Tony: "I don't know..."
Grant: "Since Tony defeated me yesterday, I guess you and Elizabeth will have to defeat me as well if both of you try your best."
Tony: "...but you'll probably be fine, besides being trained is a better way to start."
    Darwin has no idea what Tony was saying, but Elizabeth knew what he's talking about.

       Grant sent Tyrunt to begin the battle. Elizabeth sent out Amy and Darwin chose me to start battling. Darwin tells me to use Quick Attack. Tony and Amy were cheering for us as we challenge Grant. Grant demanded his Tyrunt to use Rock Tomb, luckily Elizabeth immediately demand Amy to use Magical Leaf to avoid the attack. I heard Darwin, saying to use Water Pulse on Tyrunt. I immediately aimed at Tyrunt with Water Pulse. The opponent was hit and fainted instantly. Grant was impressed with Elizabeth and Darwin.
Grant sends Tyrunt back to his Pokeball.
Grant: "You did very well, Tyrunt." *Sends out Amaura* "Amaura, you're next to battle."
Elizabeth: *Sends Amy back to her Pokeball* "I'm sending out Brittany. Besides, the Pokemon Grant is sending out was and Rock and Ice Pokemon."
Darwin: "Great idea, Elizabeth. You must be remembered their weakness."
Elizabeth: "Of course, I do." *Sends out Brittany to battle* "Let's do this, Brittany."

Victor POV:
         I was with the others as we watched Darwin and Elizabeth battle Cyllage City's Gym Leader, Grant. Tony and Amy were cheering for both of them as their Pokemon teamed up with together. I looked at Darwin and Elizabeth battled, it brings me back memories when I used to have my own journey with my Pokemon. Tony already knows because well, I choose Oshawott, and I give him a nickname, Randy. Randy and I were excited to see the whole world.
        I watched very closely as Darwin and Elizabeth tell Geo and Brittany to use Flame Charge and Quick Attack.
Elizabeth: "Brittany, use Flame Charge!"
Darwin: "Geo, use Quick Attack! "
Grant: "Amaura, use Aurora Beam!"
        Brittany fired Flame Charge to aimed at Amaura, it dodged the move. Luckily, Geo used Quick Attack to make damage. I took my phone to record the battle. I hope Elizabeth doesn't be too mad about that. If she isn't mad about that, I think I'll never get beaten by a girl because I can't hit a girl. At the battle, Grant tells Aamura to use Rock Tomb to aimed at Brittany. Geo noticed what's going to happen and ran to Brittany to save her from Rock Tomb. Then Darwin tells Geo to use Water Pulse, so Geo aimed Water Pulse at Amaura which caused it to faint. We all cheered for Elizabeth and Darwin as I stopped recording. Grant clapped and was very impressed with how they battle.
Grant: "I'm very impressed. There are some things that seem out of reach no matter how both try. However, it's important that you never give up-- no matter the opponent or the odds. I could tell both of you from our battle that you and your Pokemon understand that. To commemorate such an impressive show of teamwork, please accept the Cliff Badge."
        Grant handed the Cliff Badge to Elizabeth and Darwin. Grant also gives them TM39 Rock Tomb. He says with this move, a Pokemon can hurl rocks at its target, not only inflicting damage but also lowering the target's Speed and preventing it from moving. It's useful if some of their Pokemon can use a Rock-Type move.
Elizabeth: "Yes! Darwin! We got the Cliff Badge!"
Darwin: "Yeah, we do! And we also got TM39 Rock Tomb!"
Grant: "Now that you've become a master wall climber and conquered this Gym, it's time you thought about how to apply your skills in other areas! Think about how you can improve yourself, as well as the Pokemon that are always by your side. When you find the answer, that's when you'll truly be able to smile!"
Tony: "I'm so proud of you, Sis."
Elizabeth: "Thanks, Tony. You were cheering on your sister and Darwin. I appreciate your support."
Darwin: "Yeah, thanks for your support."
Tony: "You're welcome, guys. You two deserve this. Anyways, let's go somewhere to eat to celebrate!"
Amy: "I'm in!"
Victor: "Finally, I'm starving!"
      As we head outside, it was still daylight and went to a nearby Pokemon Center so Darwin and Elizabeth can heal some of their Pokemon who are tired because of the battle. As Nurse Joy finished healing their Pokemon, we headed to a nearby restaurant.

The trainers went to the restaurant. The Pokemon were eating Pokemon food and having a great time. The trainers are laughing with joy as their journey went great.