reckless reader x medic

AN: This bitch long.

'Idle hands are the devil's workshop' or as the saying goes. You were pretty convinced the saying was accurate when you found yourself sneaking into the doctor's lab yet again. But then again, wasn't the medic's lab also the devil's workshop? Regardless, something about him telling you to never step foot on those blood stained tiled floors was alluring. The funniest part was it was that this rule was targeted specifically at you! The reason why remained a mystery. Upon asking, he would give you the classic snarky remark of "Because I said so!"

What gives anyways? The engineer seemed to understand your curious nature and supported it wholeheartedly. The Texan firmly believed that what wouldn't kill you would make you stronger, and in his eyes, you were one stubborn bugger to kill. You wouldn't be surprised if he considered you a cockroach that lived at the workbench. Of the many garbage contraptions you've built in his workshop, at least 3 of them have exploded in your face, yet here you stood, alive and well outside of the big scary room that really had you curious. This was going to be different. Maybe you wouldn't half as bad at chemistry. Hell, maybe it was even your hidden talent, but you wouldn't know that until you had tried it right?

As you cautiously stepped in, you heard the buzz of overhead fluorescent lights. You flinched as they flashed, almost as if you expected sirens to go off and the heavy to burst in and restrain you so that the doctor could scold you. After realizing that it was unrealistic at 1am, you basked in the glory of the numerous tools, chemicals and beakers neatly organized in front of you.

About 2 hours had passed before you felt like you were done. The mixture you had made seemed stable enough, and by that, you simply meant it hadn't exploded yet. It was a yellowish green and bubbled slightly but it smelt earthy and stinky like fishy. You tried not to gag as you put it in a small vial and capped it off. You couldn't remember all the steps you took to make it, but you marveled at the idea it could be anything at this point really.

Guilt washed over you as you started to clean up your mess and cover the tracks of your presence.

You weren't supposed to be in here.

Not only did you feel guilty, you now also felt afraid thinking of how the mad man himself would punish you for disobedience if he found out. Would he be able to tell that you were here either by a stray strand of you (H/C) hair or what about the levels of the liquids you used? After you had finished cleaning up the lab, you gazed into the mystery liquid you made as you pondered how you were going to get out of this and how you were ever going to find out what this shit you made was. For a moment, it even crossed your mind 'haha what if I just drank this now so they could never find it and id also find out what it does to me.' You shook your head at the thought. Silly, (Y/N). That was a terrible idea. You brought the liquid closer to your face again as you thought some more.

The consequences could be brutal, but so could the medic. Maybe you deserved whatever you had coming to you for being such a bad teammate. The whirlwind in your head prevented you from hearing the door creak open.

"Did I leave the lights on again?" You recognized that voice. Oh shit. Your inner dumbass awakened as you popped the cap of the vial and slammed the whole the thing in one swig. The now empty vial was swiftly shoved in to your pocket before you froze in place with your hands in the air, staring down the tall man in the white jacket. "(Y/N)? What are you doing in here?" His voice escalating from a tired grumble to an angry shout. You didn't even know what to say when he started walking toward you. You were instead too busy shaking and breaking out into cold sweat.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked as he began to hastily inspect you. He even felt your forehead checking for a fever. It must have been his doctor instincts kicking in, thinking you may have wandered into his lab in need of him. It didn't take him long till he was on to you. You weren't sick, you were uncomfortable and rightfully so. What was a brief examination became a security pat down. When his hands fell on the vial in your pocket, you felt like you wanted to leave your own skin. "OwO What's this?"