Oatmeal Demoman x Reader

It was a normal day in the RED base. Well, sort of. You and the men were accustomed to having eggs and toast for breakfast, but today was different. Apparently there were budget cuts therefore, you were greeted at the table with a bowl of mushy brown stuff. You looked to the man that sat next to you routinely. Demoman. You had always looked to him for his wisdom. Even though most of the time it was drunken, he was always there for you and always looking out for you. "Hey Demo?" you raised the question. "What is it lassy?" he laughed, enjoying the slop that was served. "I don't want to get political or anything, but what the fuck is oatmeal?" 

Demoman threw his head back in surprise as well as the rest of the team. Demo then chuckled and your face turned flush. It was embarrassing, but he was quick to explain. "Don't worry lassie. I'll tell ya all ya need to know."Demo got up out of his seat and walked toward Spy's extensive library room. "Ya see lass, there's a lot to know about that bowl of mush!" He said in excitement. You followed him to the room, eyes glistening in wonder. When you got to the room, Demo opened the door and situated himself in front of a dusty old book that he had to dust off before continuing. He offered you a place on his lap before he started to read from it. He started with a little "Ahem" before reading "Oatmeal is a type of coarse flour made of hulled oat grains that have either been milled or steel-cut, or else it refers to rolled oats. Ground oats are also called "white oats". Steel-cut oats are known as "coarse oatmeal", "Irish oatmeal" or "pinhead oats". Rolled oats can be either thick or thin, and may be categorized as "old-fashioned", "quick", or "instant", depending on the cooking time, which is shortened by the size of the oats, precooking, and sometimes the addition of enzymes. The term oatmeal is also used in the U.S. and parts of Canada to describe a popular oat porridge made from either ground, steel-cut, or rolled oats."

You were shocked at his words. You were shocked at the fact he could read so well and smoothly, Before you could even conjure up a response, he continued. He adjusted his reading glasses that you never knew he had. "Both types of rolled oats may be eaten uncooked, as in muesli, or may be cooked with water or milk to make porridge. In some countries, rolled oats are eaten raw or toasted with milk and sugar, sometimes with raisins added, like a basic muesli. The term "oatmeal" sometimes refers to a porridge made from the bran or fibrous husk as well as the oat kernel or groat.[5] Rolled oats are often used as a key ingredient in granola breakfast cereals (in which toasted oats are blended with sugar and/or nuts and raisins) and granola bars. Rolled oats are also used as an ingredient in oatmeal cookies, oatcakes, British flapjack bars and baked oatmeal dessert dishes such as Apple Brown Betty and apple crisp. Oats may also be added to foods as an accent, as in the topping on many oat bran breads and as the coating on Caboc cheese. Oatmeal is also used as a thickening agent in thick, savoury Arabic or Egyptian meat-and-vegetable soups, and sometimes as a way of adding relatively low-cost fibre and nutritional content to meatloaf."

Demoman took a swig of his drink and gave you a smile followed by a pat on the head, "Does that answer yer question?" Unfortunately, it didn't exactly, but you enjoyed the time you spent with him nonetheless.