MBPM | 2

Two years laterNovember 4th, 2019

Two years later
November 4th, 2019

Tiny hands could be felt rubbing up against her face but Kaleena was too busy trying to enjoy her Saturday in before she had to get up and handle business but the way these hands were caressing her face, she knew that was a done deal for her.

Peeking one eye open, the little boy who she adored with all of her life, showed his four teeth that had already grown in and started kicking off with laughter once he saw his mother peeking through her eyes.

She tried to play like she was still sleeping to see if he would leave her alone but Kalan only whined and pulled her eyes open himself until he saw both of them completely open.

"You just won't let me sleep huh?" She groaned and sat up.

Kalan just continued to look at her with a smile before shaking his head left to right. He had yet to master shaking his head up and down as yet so everything you asked him; he would shake it in response to no. It was crazy really, Kalan was a smart one year old and she couldn't be more proud of herself for doing it all alone.

He was a gift when she thought her life was all over and done with. She had just escaped her abusive relationship fully when she found out that she was pregnant and when word got back to her ex, Pjay; on whether or not Kalan was his. He tried to come back and plead his case about being a better man. Pjay words still stung her ears from time to time when she broke it down to him that he wasn't Kalan's father.

She would get random letters saying how she would meet Kalan dead one day and then she'd be next. It had her so scared to the point where she didn't leave her house, her entire pregnancy and she didn't bother to post Kalan on any social media account.

When word got back to her that Pjay ended up getting his ass beat so bad in jail that he didn't make it off of the surgery table was when she felt like she was finally free. She was able to leave her house for the first time when Kalan was three months and she had gotten accustomed to posting him on social media but only the back of him so no one can identify his face whenever they're out in the public eyes.

It was her way of keeping herself and her child safe. There were a lot of child predators that would often seek out their victims from their parents social media anyways so she felt like she was making the right decision about keeping his face private from the evils that the internet beholds.

Rolling over to get off of her bed, Kaleena picked up Kalan and walked out in her kitchen to see what she was going to make the both of them for breakfast. "What do you want to eat, papa?"

Kalan looked over at Kaleena and smiled before walking over to the fridge and pointing to it. Getting up from the stool that she sat down on, she walked over and opened it up for him so he can show her what he wanted. Kalan pointed his little fingers at the tangerine.