Melody of your Name

To give up on this life to be there by your side forever, is what this heart desires.

"Wangji" my brother calls my name as he stands by my side "are you not going to join them?" He's got his Liebing by his side

"Wangji" my brother calls my name as he stands by my side "are you not going to join them?" He's got his Liebing by his side. We watch the sect disciples being busy as they prepare to welcome the new year "Never have you been a part of this celebration, under the pretext of night hunt, you disappear every year" he turns to me "what's your excuse this year?"

"Night Hunt"

He sighs "How long are you going to..." he doesn't complete his question and it's left there, heavy between us.

Bowing I turn to leave "Wangji" brother whispers my name and without turning back I say what I need to "You're needed here. Not me" turn sideways "please" I convey my emotions to him and he understands. Nodding he doesn't precipitate the matter and I walk away.

I am never needed anywhere.

Walking away from Gusu, the heaviness in my heart starts to lighten up. I can finally breath freely.

Faintly I can hear the lyrical music of my brother playing his 'Liebing', it's him asking me if I am alright? Am I? I have no answer brother. Maybe I'll come back when I do.

As the cold night welcomes me into its arms amidst the crowded street, my steps halt, uncomfortable walking amongst people, yet, for him, it doesn't matter, I'll always follow him

"Lan Zhan!" I turn and my heart blooms when I see his smiling face. "I have been waiting for you!" He drags me to a stand where they were selling lanterns of different colours and shapes.

A sudden feeling of warmth engulfs me when he turns to show me a small snow man that he made with a band on his forehead. That moment forever etched in my timeline, I do something I have never done before. Seeing him dressed in his thin black cloak, I remove my outer Gusu cloak and envelope him in it, clutching the lapels, I bring him close to me, I gently kiss his forehead with all the emotions I could procure.