Sleeping with you

(A/n: I am changing certain events to my liking, hope you like them too)

Memories of us lighting the lantern, of us being stuck together in Muaxi Mountain, of you smiling, flashes in front of my eyes as I meditate. Having you beside me, I am never letting you go. Never.

A soft knock brings me out of my reverie but before I could answer, Wei calls them in.

"Why are you waking me up this early?" Wei grumbles and I can hear Sizhui stutter "Senior Mo, it's 9 in the morning" and I hear Wei grumble. I smile inwardly. He was never a morning person. Even back then he had received innumerable scolding for being late to class.

He crawls towards the exit and invites them in.

"Hanguang-Jun" I can hear Jingyi call for me  as he barges in "Good, good your safe. I thought this 'cut-sleeve' would have not spared you".

"Hey, if anything, it's your Hanguang-Jun who would have attacked me" I can hear Wei pout "more so, he is not my type".

"Whose your type?" Jingyi enquires curiously.

If I were you Jingyi, I would be cautious about pulling Wei's leg, no one can compete with him in his mischievous ways.

"Maybe you" he whispers seductively and Jingyi balks. I laugh inwardly. Told you.

"Relax, you're a kid, maybe" he walks closer to me and places his hand on my shoulders "maybe Hanguang-Jun, is my type" he whispers and Sizhui retorts "Hanguang-Jun has never had any lover before. Why would he have a relationship with you?" at that Wei laughs and before he could scandalize the kids any further, I open my eyes. I have been a victim once don't want them to be.

"Hanguang-Jun" they greet me and Wei smirks. Not paying attention to him, I look at Sizhui and Jingyi for their reasons to be here. They show me the platter of food that they got and my heart sinks. Wei won't cherish Gusu's food. He never had. If he is going to stay here, I need to accommodate his taste too. But for now, we have no other option.

"Hey kid" Wei calls out and stands beside me "do you think we look cute? You think I have a chance with Hanguang-Jun?"

"No way, you look ugly like your donkey!" Jingyi balks and his fearful eyes seek mine. I choose to ignore.

"Little Apple" he exclaims referring to his donkey but before he could utter some more nonsense, Wei stops when he sees we have a new visitor.

Brother.

"Wangji" he smiles kindly and his eyes fall on Wei and they subtly change into a familiar delight and acceptance "seems you have brought along a guest" he turns to face me "you look happy".

I am happy. Finally.

I watch Wei walk next to brother and before he could spout some more nonsense, I use the muting spell.