Four Years & Five Months : Gusu Band

"Lan Zhan" Wei kisses my lips sweetly "I miss you". Caressing his cheeks, I kiss his mole "I miss you too". Sweet pink colours his cheeks and he tucks his face in my chest and I sigh.

"I need to go back, my Wei Ying" and he looks up.

"So soon?" His voice quivers.

"Hm"

"Why?"

I tuck his duly hair behind his ears and kiss his forehead "it wasn't me who left, my Wei Ying" kissing his lips, I smile "I'll meet you tonight" and he nods.

Opening my eyes, I am met with a pale blue one that blinks back innocently

What?

"Jingyi hurry, Hang-jun is awake" Sizhui grins.

That's when I realise my predicament. Ahem. I tighten the blanket around me and try to reprimand Sizhui "Why are you here? You can't be in Jingshi at this hour. Now quickly leave".

Please leave. I can't come out of my bed if they're here. This is embarrassing. Wei's dreams always...

"Hang-jun" another hand taps my shoulders "why are you still asleep?"

"It's Hanguang-Jun" I glare at Jingyi and he giggles "if you leave, I can get dressed"

"Hang-jun" I sometimes feel they purposely just don't listen "this room is so big, can Sizhui and I sleep here from now on?" He pulls my blanket.

Oh no.

"Jingyi!" I warn and he stills and backs away slowly.

"Sorry" he looks away and it seems he is on the verge of tears when Sizhui pats his shoulders.

"Very bad Lan Zhan, making a child cry" Wei whispers in my ears and I sigh.

"Hang-jun" we'll wait outside, Sizhui drags Jingyi away and I watch them wobble around.

"Be a little more compassionate, Lan Zhan" Wei laughs and I scowl, says a man who tempts a child for toys and then denys them.

Freshining up and changing into my pristine Gusu robes, I find the two kids troubling WuJi or rather they're troubling Wu and Ji is agitated. When he sees me approach them, he jumps and headbutts my ankle. Picking him up, I calm him down and watch Jingyi pull Wu's ears.

"What's happening here?" My voice is stern and they immediately freeze. Finding this opportunity to free himself, Wu runs away and Ji jumps from my arms and trails behind Wu.

"Hang-jun" they both answer in chorus.

"Why were you troubling the bunnies?"

"We weren't, we were just playing" Jingyi looks down at the ground and pouts.