A Yuan

If I say, meeting that child today made me realise, there are angels sent by the almighty to act as a salve to a bruised heart, then I am not lying.

Walking through the crowded market, my heart is eager to meet the only man who means everything to me

Walking through the crowded market, my heart is eager to meet the only man who means everything to me. Wei, where are you?

As I take the next step, I am jostled by a ball clinging to my left leg. Surprised, I look down and I realise, it's not a ball. It's a child. When he looks up, I am thrown back to a memory of another child.

At first the child grins but soon when his eyes meet mine starts to wail

At first the child grins but soon when his eyes meet mine starts to wail. He cries his heart out and I am out of my wits. Who is this child? From where did he come? Who are his parents? His wails attract the crowd nearby and soon a huge mob is gathered around us. The child clings on and continues to cry.

I look around worried, I want to ask someone for help. Can someone please help me? Can someone help me quieten this child?

Can I use my muting spell?

No Wangji, that's not right.

I sigh.

Suddenly a man peers at us and comments tona bystander next to him "Why is this child crying so much?" He then directs his question to me "why don't you pick up the child?"

Perpelxed, I am shocked. Me? Pick up the child? What? How?

"Are you a new father? Don't you know how to console a child?" Another questions.

What? Father? I am speechless. What's happening?

"Wait till you have more kids, like me you'll learn" another Snickers.

Have more kids? But...

Suddenly this child starts calling out "Papa" and my heart palpitates.

Papa? What? I am not your father? Someone please help? I look around.

"You're child is calling for you, why aren't you picking him up? Don't be so cruel" another bystander mocks.