Past ~ Part 1

(A/n: Before I start this chapter I would like to say few things. The concept of this chapter would include "Incense Burner" like the MDZS book but the content in this chapter is entirely different. I have been thinking about how to write this chapter for quite a while so I hope I would be successful in writing the correct emotions.

This chapter is in Wei Ying's POV. There are questions that have been answered in this chapter. Hope you all enjoy!!!)

"Lan Zhan" I walk around Jingshi only to find it empty

"Lan Zhan" I walk around Jingshi only to find it empty. What did you expect Wei Ying? Ofcourse Lan Zhan won't be around. He's an early riser unlike you. Sighing I walk out of Jingshi towards the Main Hall and there he is sitting as gloriously as a king.

King of my heart.

He's in middle of his meditation class and the room is absolutely quiet albeit there are students who are mediating too.

His eyebrows twitch and I grin. He can feel my presence and that makes me so giddy. Wei Ying you're a lucky man. Oh so slowly his pale eyes raise to meet mine and my breath hitches. How in this realm did I mange to capture this man's heart?

I quickly blow a kiss and even though he looks completely stoic I can see his ears turn red. Oh I would have to pay for this later. Waving him goodbye I walk back to Jingshi where I am greeted by Lan Zhan's two rabbits. Aren't they two balls of clouds amongst the snow?

I stay and play with them for a while and I remember the question Jin Ling posed the other day. What are their names? Huh! Surprisingly I never did ask Lan Zhan. Well that would have to be rectified soon enough.

Jumping away from me towards their own love nest I look up at the peony tree wide and beautiful. Taking in a deep breath I realise that winter is right around the corner. You can sense the change in the air and the leaves are turning brittle.

Shaking my head I enter the warmth of the house. House. Lan Zhan and my house. I grin. Who would have ever thought that one day I would be not only sharing his house, body and mind but we shall be sharing our soul and hearts too.

Grinning like a lunatic I pass by an old storage room whose door was partially open. Realising that a disciple must have arrived here before to clean, I was to close the door when the contents inside the room intrigued me. This room is arranged so orderly it looks more like a guest bedroom than a storage room. A moment of guilt hits my heart but then I quash it. Lan Zhan won't mind me looking around.

My fingers caress the old wooden shelves stacked by the wall. So many articles and books adorn the wooden shelves but my interest is piqued by the boxes placed in the corner of the room. What are they?

Picking up few I frown when I find some rules and regulations written in them. I was just about to give up when an heavy object rattles below. Quickly discarding the other contents I find a beautiful intricate carvings of a wooden box and on opening the lid I gasp. It's an Incense Burner.