chapter 3: after blue disappears

Dream's POV

I locked myself in my house. It has been 2 days since blue disappeared. I miss him so much.

Ink has been trying to get me to come out, but I just don't feel like. What's the point in coming out anyway?! Blues missing. Nightmare, my own brother, hates me! Theres nothing out there for me to do!

Ding dong

If that's ink I don't even know what to say. I went downstairs and walked to the door. "Ink if that's you then-----"

I stopped talking when I opened the door....

Nobody's there...

I looked around. Nothing. I looked at the ground. I couldn't believe what I saw. I doll that looks like me, and a key with... a button on it?

I picked it up and looked around once more. I took the doll inside and went to my room.

"Why do you like me?" I asked it. Why was I expecting an answer? "Who made you?" I asked it. I looked at the key. Huh, what is this supposed to do. I was getting tired, so I fell asleep.

Timeskip brought to you by the SMOL BEANS

I woke up in a house, but it wasn't my house... 'am I in the dreamscape?' I wondered.

I saw a little spider, it made me curious so I followed it. It led me too a little door. It squeezed inside, and I opened the door.

It looked like a whole other world. Their was a long blue and purple tunnel. Me being curious decided to go in.

When I got to the other side, I was confused. 'Where am I?' I wondered, it looked I was in some sort of mansion. I saw a window and walked over to it.

Outside I saw........ that can't be it... it can't be the same tree! That would mean I'm in dreamtale!

"Dream!" Wait was that... "Nightmare?" I turned around to see Nightmare, but he looked... normal. Well, almost normal... it looked like something was wrong his eyes.

"I'm so happy your here brother!" He looked like he wanted a hug, but I took a step back. Nightmare looked confused by this. "Brother? What's wrong?" He asked. "Y-your not my b-brother." I said. He laughed at little and rubbed his neck. "Your right, I'm not nightmare, but the thing that has your brothers body isn't either now huh?"

I was shocked. "How did you---" I started but he stopped me. "I know lots of things about you, dream! I'm your other brother after all!" He said. "O-other b-brother?" I repeated his words, still startled by all of this.

I was deep in thought so I didn't notice him walking towards me. I let out a small yelp when he hugged me. I didn't know what to expect, the real nightmare hated me and would do everything in his power to make sure I was dead.

"I'm not going to hurt you dream. What kind of brother would I be if I did?" He asked. "Did you get my present?" He asked excitedly. "What present?" I asked.

"The doll I made of you!" He said. "Wait, your the one that made the doll?" I asked. "So you did get it!" He said really excited. "Ummm y-yeah I got it." I said.

"Did you like it?" He asked. I couldn't help but giggle at his childishness. "Y-yeah I like it." I said with a small smile.

At this point he was practically bouncing from excitement. "Oh dream. I forgot, it's time for dinner!" He said. "D-dinner?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and I followed him through the house. On the way over, I saw a really blue room.

'Heh, blue would've liked that room' I said in thought. (That's because that is his room dream!)

We got to the dining room and he walked me over to a chair. I sat down and he also sat down. "We made something very special for you dream!" He said. "F-for me?" I asked.

"Yep!" Some servants came out with some food, and I've never seen so much in my entire life!

After they ate

Nightmare got up and placed a cake in front of me. It had frosting on it that said 'welcome home'.

"H-home?" I asked. "Yep! I was waiting for you, it was really lonely here without you!" He said. Suddenly I felt tired. "I *yawn* don't know if I can stay." I said. He gave me a sad face before cheering up again.

"Oh, your tired! Come on I'll show you to your room!" He said. "W-wait, I can just go home." I said. "Nonsense, you can stay here for the night!" He said. I don't know if I trust him yet, but I let him walk me to 'my' room.

It looked exactly like my room at home, except better. Everything was alive. I gasped in amazement. "You like it?" He asked. I nodded my head not knowing what else I could do, I was speechless.

He walked me over to my bed. I layed down. "Goodnight brother. See you soon!" He said. 'What did he mean by soon?' I thought as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

End of act 3