[CLASSIC]2: Carnage

Alnus Hill

3rd POV

*BRRRT*

*crash*

*BOOM*

*screams*

*CLANG*

Jensen: KEEP FIRING! 

SRTF soldier 1: How many imperials are there!?

SRTF officer: I DON'T KNOW, BUT DON'T FALTER! HOLD THE LINE AND SHOW 'EM WHAT WE'VE GOT!

SRTF soldier 2: Are our guns even enough!?

Jensen: YES THEY ARE! JUST KEEP FIRING!

The battle of Alnus hill has begun. Imperial forces charge head-on as the SRTF held the line. Bullets and missiles flew as imperial soldiers and demi-humans fall. The sound of gunfire and cannon barrages pollute the battlefield as muffled screams could be heard. Every single gun of the SRTF forces fired relentlessly, but one kept silent.

Jensen: PALADINS, BLOW THOSE WYVERNS OUT OF THE SKY!

Paladin Pilot: Roger that! Loading flak rounds!

Sandynx stared at the chaos of war as the paladins peppered the skies with anti-air munitions, annihilating every single wyvern in the skies.

Sandynx: I...

The tanks unleash a hailstorm of cluster missiles, erasing massive swathes of imperials.

Sandynx: I can't...

Sandynx's handgun falls off her hands as the Demolishers' cannons roar, unleashing the same ferocity they had during the battle of Ginza.

Sandynx: I just can't..!

She fell to her knees as Jensen points towards the chaos below the hill.

Jensen: GRIND THAT SIEGE WEAPON TO DUST!

Tank crew: Affirmative!

Demolisher Pilot: Understood, firing cannons.

Suddenly, the noise of war muffled as Sandynx put her hands on her face. Explosions erupt below the hill as the gunfire continued.

Sandynx: I JUST CAN'T!

...

Timeskip (Brought to you by the Misery class Paladin firing its cannon.)

The Imperial Senate.

The Imperial Senate, a roman style gathering of senators and high ranking officials. After the disaster that was the battle of Alnus hill, every single representative from the Empire gathered and debated on the situation. Overseeing this was the Emperor, Molt Sol Augustus. He sat on his throne as a man, Marquis Casel, petitioned to his Emperor.

Marquis: It was an embarrassment, my lord. We have lost 60% of the Empire's might to an army that is smaller than ours! How do we act upon this situation!?

The senators clamored with uncertainty.

Marquis: How will you lead the state!?

Molt: Marquis, think about how people might feel. 

The Emperor puts his hand over his eyes.

Molt: I am aware that our recent losses have cost us our military advantage. They worry that vassals of our state could rebel against the empire and attack the imperial capital itself...