[2: Carnage, Phase 1]

*Static*

*Bzzt*

>Loading: Carnage, Phase 1_

The shimmering sun of the Special Region/Aurelia rose as men from two different sides and ideologies grasped their weapons, staring each other down like lions spotting their prey. Honorable soldiers of the Empire stand proudly in massive formations as Federation troops, both rookies and hardened veterans alike, prepare for the battle. Anticipation runs thick in the air as the Imperial forces charge in, prompting Jensen to scream those faithful words...

"OPEN FIRE!"

...

There is no turning back now.

>Location: Alnus Hill_

>Time: ??:??_

>Point of View: 3rd Person_

Carnage. That's the word someone would use if they had to describe the chaos that is the Battle of Alnus Hill. Gunfire and cannon barrages roar louder than thunder while dying Imperials scream in suffering. Rockets and cluster missiles scream overhead and land in the middle of a large group of Imperials as deafening booms and explosions wipe them away as if they are nothing.

Jensen grits his teeth and peeks out of his cover, witnessing a new cohort replacing their annihilated brethren. Cursing under his breath, Jensen aims at the Imperials below the hill as his comrades hold the line.

"KEEP FIRING!" Jensen yelled as he fired multiple accurate bursts from his rifle.

A nearby ATF soldier fires several pop shots before ducking under cover to reload, "Damn it! How many Imperials are there!?" He questions aloud as a nearby officer lowers his head.

"I don't know, BUT DON'T FALTER!" the officer barks as a nearby machine gun crew lays down heavy suppressing fire, "HOLD THE LINE AND SHOW 'EM WHAT WE'VE GOT!"

"Are our guns even enough!?" another soldier question as nearby Paladins lay down heavy gunfire with their rifle-like cannons.

Jensen swaps out his gun's empty magazine. "YES THEY ARE! JUST KEEP FIRING!" He blurts over the deafening roar of gunfire before adding his own into the mix.

And just like that, the battle has already begun. Imperial forces charge head-on against the ATF as multiple lines of soldiers unleash a wall of bullets at them. Bullets, cannon shells, and missiles fly towards their targets, killing those unfortunate enough to get hit. The monstrous roar of cannon fire from the tanks and paladins struck fear into the hearts of many Imperials as they inch closer to the hill, suffering more from each step taken.

Jensen continues firing his rifle when he notices multiple wyverns overhead, prompting him to duck under cover and contact the paladins.

"PALADINS! SHOOT THOSE WYVERNS DOWN!" Jensen screams through the comms as he looks overhead, glaring at the wyverns before hearing a faint 'catchunk' through the comms.

"Roger that!" one of the Paladin pilots responds as the mechs load their cannons with flak rounds, "Peppering the skies!"

The Paladins proceed to unleash a barrage of anti-air rounds into the sky as orange flames and black smoke explodes overhead. The wyverns and their riders attempted to dodge the overwhelming amount of flak, but it was too much. They all got blown into tiny bits and pieces.

In the grand scheme of things, every single gun fired mercilessly, contributing to the carnage. But one gun has yet to fire a shot.

Sandyx stares at the chaos as she shivers intensely, barely able to comprehend the chaos in front of her. She could feel her mind breaking down as she began stuttering.