[3.1: Carnage, Phase 2 (Side: A)]

(Special thanks to Crow#1932, Nova 🐇#1188, and coldfireknight0#5177 from the HFY discord server for editing this and the next chapter.)

*Static*

*Bzzt*

>Loading: Carnage, Phase 2 (Side: A)_

>Location: Talionis, West Wing Briefing Room_

>Point of View: 3rd Person_

After walking through the maze-like corridors of the west-wing, Jensen and Davie arrived at the briefing room. The two entered as Davie dealt with the door, watching Jensen walk over to the briefing table and take a spot across the table.

"So, what're the 'important matters' that we're gonna talk about?" Davie asked as he leaned against the table opposite Jensen.

The Captain activated the table's holographic console, bringing up multiple projections of vehicles, maps, and buildings before looking at Davie directly, "It's about the defense of Talionis, Davie."

"The defense of this place?"

"Yes," Jensen replied as he browsed the files of the console, bringing up the encampment of the so-called 'coalition army.' "If you haven't heard already, the Intel Corps notified me of signs that the Imperials are preparing for another assault on Talionis. This time with the assistance of their allies and vassals."

Davie shook his head nonchalantly as multiple emblems, the same one Jensen saw a while ago, popped up in numerous spots, "Those buggers can't seem to get enough of us, huh?"

"Seems so," Jensen responded as he motioned his hand; the hologram zoomed out before transforming into silhouettes of several legions of Imperial soldiers. "Overall, these 'buggers' amassed a force of 300,000 men, 100,000 of which being combatants. Outnumbering us with their active combatants thirty-two to one."

Davie played a sound byte of a whistle as he crossed his arms, "Damn, that's a lot of men for assaulting a base like this..."

"Indeed, which is why we're here."

Jensen motioned his hand again, prompting the console to wipe the slate clean.

"Now, any questions?" Jensen asked as Davie raised his cold metallic hand briefly.

"Yeah... how long will this coalition army take to be ready?"

"Two days, Davie," Jensen replied before lifting two fingers, "we only got today and tomorrow to prepare."

Davie recoiled as he considered the logistics of the task, "Woah! Welp, guess we better start planning!"

Jensen then stuck his fingers together and flicked them at the empty projection, prompting it to morph into a layout of the entire hill, including the base.

"So... got a clear idea on what we're working with?"

"Hmm... hang on a moment," Jensen said. He rubbed his chin slightly before consulting his AI, "Werner, remind me what our current assets are."

The AI's projection emerged, taking a brief moment to browse several databases before responding to Jensen.

"Hmm... aside from the troops, vehicles, and walkers present during our first battle here, our assets include the new arrivals: A handful of Defender class walkers, several SPAAs, both flak and SAM variations, extra Pillagers and Demolishers, and of course, the troops and androids that have arrived days prior. The Valkyria class gunships, however, will take two days to arrive."