33

2 years later:

Taehyung smiled at the picture on the front cover of the magazine. It was candid,  and it said a lot. The way he gazed at her with such a beautiful emotion in his eyes.

He was terrified about revealing his relationship with Y/N. But the constant fear of it revealed by someone else also didn't feel right. He was surprised when everyone including his manager stood by his side when he told them that he wanted to go public with his relationship. He wanted his armys to know. So that he could hold her hand walk around like a normal couple. Have a normal date. Do things a normal couple would do.

So he tweeted about it. And in talked about it on a concert they had that night. Their Army wasn't called the best for no reason - they cheered and cheered till it made him cry. And her too.

And they were the number one trending couple in the world the next morning. There was a lot that Y/N had to adjust to. Like not being able to roam around as freely as she did before just for her safety. But it also meant she could spend more time with Taehung. And there was nothing more they would ask for.

********
Taehyung smiled happily as the staff wished him. It was his birthday, and it was as if he had extra springs under his shoes that night.

'Are you aging backwards or something?  Coz seriously-' Yoongi said,  and Hoseok stopped him mid sentence.

'It's his birthday. Leave him alone!' Hoesok said.

'Just saying' Yoongi said with a grin. 'Where is she?'

'She's gonna be here any minute now!' Taehyung said. 'And-'

His cell phone vibrated,  and he quickly picked up the call to see that it was Y/N.

'Hey where are you?' Taehyung asked.

'I'm so sorry,  Tae'

Taehyung's heart stopped as Y/N apologized.

'My flight is delayed by 3 hours.' Y/N said. 'I won't be able to make it till tomorrow morning'

'What?  But you promised we'll celebrate together this year!' Taehyung whined.

'I'm so sorry,  baby...but I have no choice...' Y/N said. 'But we'll spend the whole day together once I'm back, OK?'

Taehyung hummed,  disappointed.

*********

'Poor kid' Namjoon said,  closing the door to Taehyung's bedroom softly. 'He's really upset'

Jin nodded in agreement,  shrugging. Both of them turned and stopped still.

'Uh,  I thought your flight is delayed or something' Jin said,  looking at a panting Y/N.

'Oh yeah. I lied.' Y/N said,  trying to catch her breath.

'You could have told us!' Namjoon said. 'We would've made it easier for him!'

'Oh,  I did tell Jungkook' Y/N said,  glancing at Jungkook who stood behind her.

'Uh,  I don't trust you grandpas. You'll tell him the minute he starts pouting' Jungkook said shaking his head.

'Would not!' Jin argued back.

'Would too!' Apu said.

'That's so mean!' Namjoon said. 'We're not that soft'

'Says the guy who wanted to use his influence to get Y/N on a plane that would get her here sooner just so that Taetae doesn't feel too bad!' Jimin mocked,  and Namjoon sighed.

'Fine. I would have,  OK' Namjoon said,  making them all laugh. 'Now go and make it up to him. He's been brooding all night'

Nodding Y/N opened the door slowly,  and stepped in. She walked towards his bed,  climbing on as slowly as possible.

Taehyung turned around in his sleep,  mumbling. That cute pouty lips looked poutier than ever and Y/N couldnt help but smile. Settling down beside him,  she cuddled up to him,  his warmth comforting her.

She wasted no time,  and leaned forward to kiss him on the lips softly. Her lips lingered on his a few seconds before moving closer to his ear.

'Happy birthday,  Taetae' she whispered and with another stir,  he opened his eyes.

They lit up so fast, she had to laugh.

'You're here!' he said,  laughing in happiness. 'You're really here!'

'I wouldn't miss your special day for anything!' Y/N said and he kissed her quickly.

'I love you!!!!' Taehyung said,  hugging her tightly.

'I love you more' Y/N said with a grin.

She held out a small box towards him.

'Happy birthday my Prince' she said. 'I  love you so much'

'Thank you,  baby' Taehyung said,  kissing her again. 'So,  what this?'

'I really didn't know what to get,  I mean you have everything! Quite literally,  so-'

Taehyung just shook his head with a grin.

'I don't care what I have. Whatever you give me would still mean the most' he said.

He opened the box and smiled at the two diamond studs glimmering even in the dim light.

'It's beautiful' he said. 'I love it! Thank you!'

Y/N blushed,  and looked away with a smile.

'Help me put it on?'

She helped him put them on and he couldn't stop admiring them.

A small knock on the door and a voice from the other side interrupted them.

'Hey! We wanna come in!' Jungkook's teasing voice made them both giggle.

'Please do!' Y/N said.

The door opened,  and Taehyung laughed,  seeing Apu come in with a huge cake lit with candles in her and and all the others following her with party hats on. Jimin even had fairy lights draped around him.

'Happy birthday Taetae!' Apu sang,  setting the cake on the bed, in front of him.

'Thank you guys!' Taehyung said,  smiling so wide,  it couldn't go any wider.

He cut the cake as they all sang Happy birthday. They took turns feeding him cake and and gave him their presents.

'Soooo...' Jungkook said. 'I think Y/N would want to give him some special gifts...so we should move out'

'But I already him mine' Y/N said.

Jungkook and Taehyung's eyes met,  and they chuckled.

'What??' Y/N asked,  glancing among the two boys, as Apu rolled her eyes.

'Oohhhhhh!!!!!' Jimin said,  realising what it was about soon,  and giggled before saying good night and walking out. The others did the same,  and Jungkook closed the door behind him with a grin.

'What is it?!' Y/N said. 'Why are you laughing?!'

'Come here,  I'll show you' Taehyung said softly, holding his hand out.

'Hey'

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh as Y/N blushed crimson.

'You're lucky it's you're birthday'