▪Chapter 9▪

You:

"Heheh! Nana can I open the presents now pleaseeee!" Young you had said.

"No sweety, it is only christmas eve. You need to wait till tomorrow honey.... hmm well I guess you can open just ONE present tonight." Your Nana's sweet voice suggested.

"OH REALLY NANA! Let's make it a tradition every year and when I have my own children you can give gifts to, we can let them do the same!" You told her.

You were only 6 years old at that time. Your Nana picked out one present for you to open. It was a small box with a necklace inside that had a [favorite stone] on it and it had your name carved in on the metal back part of the stone. It was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

Unfortunately your thrid year of middle school, you had lost it because some girl decided she wanted to punch you then pull it off your neck... you haven't seen it since then.

Ever since that wonderful Christmas eve, you and your Nana always opened one present that night, it was tradition.

Now who can I do that with now? No one can help me anymore! You thought as you lay still on your bed remembering the events of last night.

"Hey (Y/n), my mother wants us to go have breakfast now.." Todoroki said standing at the door. "...Oh and Merry Christmas!" He walked over to you and patted you on the head.

You sat up and slowly got into slightly warmer pajamas after Todoroki left. You walked out of the the room and sat down on the sofa. Rei had brought out breakfast and cookies.

You all ate and passed along little words. Then knew you were tired and grieving so it was nice to have a quiet breakfast.

"Here you go, I got you guys some gifts. I didn't really know what you liked (Y/n) but I picked out a few things." Rei said handing you and Todoroki three presents each.

Todoroki opened his first. It felt different doing this with other people and not with your Nana. Todoroki got some new clothes for his mothers place, earbuds, and a cool watch with that matched his duel hair.

"Thank you mother, your turn (Y/n)" Todoroki said while nudging you.

The first present was an old book "It was from when I was little, I actually purchased it from your grandmothers library, it's very informative and I think you should have it" Rei had said.

Looking down you unwrapped the other presents. Those two consisted of a really cute sweater and some charm bracelets on them with a bow that looked good with your hair.

"Thank you so much Rei. Thank you for letting me stay for this day. Without you I would be home probably freaking out.." You told her.

"Oh no problem sweetheart! I would do anything for a friend of mines daughter. You look so much like your mother!" Her face went almost flat.

" Y-you knew my mom?" You asked standing up. Todoroki looked as confused as you did. I didn't now Rei was buddy's with my mother?

"I did, I actually met her when I bought this book, we became friends but soon drifted apart after she married your father and I-I married Shoto's father"

"What was she like?" I have so many questions!!

"I would like to tell you so much about her but we can save that for another day. In short your mother was beautiful... all the guys in school tried to get with her. (Y/n) you look just like her and act like her, hence why I treat you with respect, not to mention your politeness as well!" Rei reassured you.