What J-Hope does on his birthday, part 1 (ep2)

Hobi's POV-about 20 minutes before meeting Y/N

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I had just woken up and thrown on some clothes, not really caring about my appearance, as no one could tell it was me under the mask. I stayed up a little bit late doing a V-Live, but I was abnormally tired, so I went to bed nearly on time. That meant I also got up on time, so I decided to visit one of my favorite restaurants, by myself, for my birthday. I love tost-u and banana milk, especially on my birthday.  

I told Jin where I was going, and he told me to make sure to stay inconspicuous. I in turn reminded him that I wasn't a baby anymore. I was 26!

I took a short walk to a bus stop, where I sat down next to an American girl. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of (your eye color), though they were turned down to her phone screen. Even though I knew it was wrong, I looked at her screen, where she was texting her friend about something.

"Kat!" it said. "I forgot to get milk yesterday. Will u pick up some on ur way home?"

That was when I realized that I had forgotten my earphones, so I interrupted her by tapping her shoulder. She pushed the pause button on her earbuds and turned to face me. I watched as her eyes narrowed a little, no doubt wondering what on Earth I was bothering her for, since she clearly had earphones in.

I motioned to the bud in her hand, as she took it out. Even though I knew my English wasn't as perfect as Namjoon's, I said "May I... share... buds?"

I cringed as I said it, knowing I wasn't good. She smiles and nods, then surprises me.

"Of course, sir. Tell me if you need... a different song." Her Korean is almost perfect! I notice that she hesitates a little on the word 'different', but otherwise, she's amazing. I feel my eyes widen, and she chuckles. Then she hands me the earbud and presses the play button.

I feel myself stiffen a little a little when I hear the ending notes of Best of Me and Trivia: Just Dance comes on. I force myself to relax, but I can't help glancing at her phone, wondering if she has any other BTS related stuff on there.

"KAT!" the screen reads. "I forgot about Hobi's birthday!!!!!! Im dying.... My baby is 26 already. Although he's not my bias, I would give legit ANYTHING to meet him today and say 'Happy Birthday'".

I'm a little shocked, if I'm honest. First of all, here is a fan's devotion to us in written format, and second, I'm older than her by what appears to be about four years. I'm not 'her baby'! The person called 'Kat' texts her back after a second.

"I know, honey. But ur heart was stolen by Kookie, huh?"

"And yes, I'll get some milk. Whole, right?"

"Yup to both questions. How cool would it be to meet Hobi and then have him introduce me to the other members?! But that'll never happen...😭"

All of a sudden, I get lost in the music, and out of the blue, I say "Just dance" along to the song. Thank goodness it's only me and her around here today, or people would be going crazy. She turns to me, mouth slightly open, as she realizes who I am. I scold myself inwardly. This is exactly what Jin warned me about.

"H-hobi?"

Hi guys! I wanted to say sorry for the lack of dialogue in these first few episodes

Hi guys! I wanted to say sorry for the lack of dialogue in these first few episodes... I'm trying to be descriptive, but I think it might be overly done... I thought you might want to know what prompted Hobi to tap on your shoulder, so here you are. I purple you all! 💜