Reassurance (ep 19)

Y/N's POV

We stay like that for a while. I lost track of time. All that mattered was that Kat was holding me safely. I love my unnie.

I remember again the words she last spoke to me.

Be Strong.

I'm afraid to be strong. I'm afraid to lose Kookie. I'm afraid to be in the spotlight. But I need to talk to him about it. I know I do.

And for that reason, I wriggle gently out of my friend's hold on my torso, and smile at her gratefully.

"Ah, Unnie... thank you." My voice is weak from crying and the lack of talking for what I'd guess was around a half hour. Those two things combined can really murder your throat.

"Aish, Dongsaeng, you know I love you. I'll always be here when you need me. Always."

I smile at her and head into the kitchen, pulling out the ingredients for one of my favorite casseroles. I wash my hands and get to work, preheating the oven and mixing the ingredients together. It gives me something to focus on. Once it goes into the oven, I change my focus to what I should tell Jungkook.

Should I play up the victim? No.

Should I cry? No.

Should I protect the girls? No.

I'll have to wing it, I suppose.

My dad always said that I was good at explaining accidents without seeming like a victim or blaming anyone. I'll have to pull out all of those old skills. I want to do it in person, but I know that his schedule won't be open for a few weeks with the whole album release and such. And then they go on tour. Of course, I'll tell him before April, so that isn't really an issue. I guess I'll have to call him? Or maybe I'll just show up at BigHit and be like "YO! I'm here to talk to my boyfriend, deal with it."

That might actually work. Hmm. OR I might get kicked out by security. Hmm.

Wonderful.

In the end I decide to call Jungkook. I pick up my phone and click on "💜Kookie!💜". He answers on the fifth ring, right in that moment when you start to question whether or not the person is going to answer.

"Hello? Y/N?"

"Hi Junggukkie," I reply. My voice still sounds tired.

"What's wrong?" he asks me, with anxiety starting to coat his tone.

"Well..." I change my plans on the spot. "Actually, are you available in about an hour and a half-ish? I want to tell you in person."

"Umm... yes. I'll just take a quick shower and meet you out front, okay?" He's obviously confused but tries not to show it and doesn't ask questions. Thank goodness.

"Thank you Kookie. I'll tell you everything, I promise."

"See you soon, Jagiya."

He hangs up, presumably to shower. I head to the kitchen to check on my casserole, then stand in front of the sink and begin the dreaded task, washing dishes. Since our kitchen is pretty small, we don't have a dishwasher and we actually have been out so much this weekend that there are still bowls from the soup we had on Thursday night. Ew. Luckily they're rinsed out, but still. Gross. I need to soap-ify them.

Once that's done, the casserole is done and I have to use the plates I just put away! I pout a little, put off that my hard work is going to be undermined so fast. Kat walks in and sniffs at her serving, wrinkling her nose a little. But I made her food, and I know she'll eat it. Even if she prefers some of the traditional Korean foods and such. Noodles. Rice. Fried veggies in soy sauce. I like them too, but I also love American food (Chipotle lovers where u at)(wait that's 'mexican' shoot) We don't always agree on everything, but that's to be expected, honestly.