I Really Hate Being Late (ep 21)

Jungkook's POV, as he's driving home after dropping off Y/N

I don't know if I should address Y/N's problem, or let her deal with it.

I know that in this industry, you have to have thick skin. But I don't want to just let her suffer alone, I want to help.

But should I tell the guys?

I... don't know. I don't know what Y/N would want me to do right now. I probably should've asked her when I had the chance. Now I feel stupid... ugh. I think I'll tell ARMY and my hyungs all at once. Mention it at one of the many appearances we have scheduled for this Friday and beyond. But I really don't know if she'll be okay with that!

And what she said about 'together we are bulletproof'! Does she know somehow? Did she find out? Was it just a coincidence? Will she like all of our new songs? I really wish I could figure this out. As I park and head into the dorms, I wonder, Why can't I just ask her all of these questions? I think I know the answer.

(((((((((((((0)))))))))))))

Y/N's POV, Thursday the 27th, morning

The little devil machine we refer to as an alarm clock goes off, waking me from what was a peaceful slumber. Or at least I think so. I hope so. I needed some quality sleep.

Then I realize that that noise is not my alarm sound, but rather my ringtone for important contacts. I'm awake in a second and reaching for the source of the sound- my phone. My eyes widen when I see the caller's name. Kookie. And he's requesting a video call?! Umm, I'm a mess. I hope he doesn't care. I answer the call on what's probably the last ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Y/N!" The video is really stable, he must be using a selfie stick or something. He looks ready to get on his plane.

"Junggukkie, I can't wait another day to hear the album!" I say. "I want to change my alarm sound to Ego and it's not out on Spotify yet!"

Completely ignoring my statement, he speaks. "Did you just wake up? You look tired. Are you sleeping okay?"

"Yeesh Jungkook, let the girl speak," interrupts a voice from behind the camera. I think it belongs to Jin-oppa.

"Sorry Y/N. Go ahead." Jungkook looks at me, ready for me to speak.

"Yeah, I just woke up. I actually thought you were my alarm!" I smile a little bit. "I'm so easily flustered in the morning. I don't usually have people calling me this early."

"Jagiya, it's almost ten already," he tells me with a little shake of his head. I yelp in response, seeing that he is, in fact, correct.

I'm going to be late for my eleven class if I don't hurry my tiny bum out the door.

Shoot.

"Okay then, I'm going to turn off video for a sec while I get dressed, or we can hang up, I must've missed my alarm!" I tell him hurriedly.

"Just hang up, and I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay! I love you!" He smiles at me and returns the words, those magical words that I will never tire of.

"I love you too. Have a good day, love."

"Thanks Kookie! Bye!" I press the hang up button before he can respond. I guess that's a little rude.... But I don't have time for this. I gotta go!

I throw on a pair of leggings with a cropped sweatshirt over a tank top. (If you wear crop tops, leave it without the tank top, but I think you might get a little cold in February😉) Simple, but comfortable. And warm. I add my favorite sneakers and quickly grab a chocolate protein drink. We managed to find a brand that actually tastes good, and I'm so thankful. I tear off the wrapping holding the cap on and head out to the bus stop after putting on a coat. The wind isn't as strong as last week, and I reflect inwardly on the last six days.