Fluffy (ep 31)

Kat's POV

Our time at the amusement park was one of the best memories I suspected I'd make in a long time. We went everywhere, from the biggest rollercoasters to the small ones with the shorter lines. At one point, we went on the teacups and afterwards I had just enough balance to turn to Y/N and say, "It's a cup of Tae!", before stumbling over to a bench to catch my breath giddily. We had all sorts of special snacks, like caramelized popcorn and hot dogs, and giant soft pretzels at once over and under salted. And then there was the cotton candy. We got two of the giant bags, each two-thirds pink and one-third blue. Y/N always opted for the blue, while the rest of us weren't picky and ate whatever she or Seokjin-oppa handed us.

Yoongi held on to me for nearly the whole day, and only let go when eating. I found it cute, except for when we went in the wave pool and he pulled me right through a wall of water. That I could've done without.

When we went home to our apartment, we had ice cream cake, my favorite birthday treat. The best part was when Taehyung challenged Jungkook to eat more ice cream faster. They both ended up with brain freezes and couldn't function for a full two minutes. After that, we enjoyed a few games of Uno as well, and Y/N and I were mortified to realize that we had BTS Uno lying around our house. The guys found it and started playing... That was a sight to see. Every time their own face came up, the members would try to make the face that was on the card. It was actually pretty cute. And also slightly creepy? It barely looked like any of them had aged! Except for Jiminie, but I think that was his hair. On the cards, it was crimped, which for some reason made his face look all sorts of different shapes.

Later, Yoongi took me up to the roof of our building, which we had made sure we were allowed to get up to before climbing the flights. It wasn't a small amount of stairs, because we lived on the fourth floor. Climbing up all that way would require knowing it was worth it. Once that was confirmed, my wonderful boyfriend pulled me up the numerous steps and out onto the flat expanse of the roof.

I looked up at the sky, rapidly darkening from the twilight to a darker, more relaxing shade of indigo. Subconsciously humming as I looked up at the sky, I felt rather than saw Yoongi step to my side, throwing his head back to gaze upwards with me. Despite the light pollution, some stars shown down on us, and I felt myself relaxing. Each one was like a memory, glowing with the light that life brought. It kind of reminded me of Inside Out, come to think of it. I gradually looked down again, glancing over to my wonderful Yoongles. He was also in the process of lowering his head, letting it fall slowly. As his face turned down toward mine, I stepped toward him and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Thank you," I whispered into the calm of our space. "It's gorgeous up here."

He just looked at me for a second, still disoriented by my sudden kiss. "No problem," his answer came finally. "Have I ever told you, Kitten, that I'm glad you're my girlfriend?" There's a pause, and I don't speak because I can tell he's searching for more words. He continues, "And you know, my birthday is in a week... I was wondering if you might want to go out to breakfast or something."

"Aww Yoongles, I'm glad you're my boyfriend! And actually, breakfast sounds great! You guys just gave me the most wonderful birthday celebration. I'd take you anywhere you wanted for your special day." I turn to Yoongi and smile, so widely it cracks my lips and makes me realize I need some chapstick. Great. I just kissed him. I hope it wasn't too bad.

"Okay. So, where do you want to go?"

"How about Starbucks? We can get coffee and I love their cheese danishes."

"Sounds good."

We walk back down a few minutes later after looking at the stars for a while, discovering the guys cleaning up and getting ready to go. They pull on their coats and shoes, letting the fabric shelter them from the cold outside. While it might be relatively not cold during the day, the nights are still frigid, with your breaths forming little steam clouds in front of you and your nose turning a nice shade of Rudolph red.