Chapter 22

After my training with ruhan that day , I start to train under him daily and learned to fight . Now I can atleast defend myself if I face any threatening situation and I want to thank my teacher for that, no wonder my hubby is a kickass fighter. You can't defeat him in his ring,Trust me I tried alot. Tomorrow is Ruhan's birthday and I planned something for him. I hope he likes it. It's 11:00 pm and Ruhan is sleeping soundly, last few days have been very hectic for him. I'm sure because of the work load he even forgot his birthday. Just then my phone vibrated and it is non other than message from my mother-in-law.
"Agent A, we are at your door. " and I laughed after reading that. No wonder my mother-in-law has crazy sense of humour. I silently get out of bed and very carefully made my way to the front door and opened it quietly.
" Hello Agent B" I excitedly hugged my mother-in-law and touched the feet of my father in law.

"It's so good to see you both after so long. I really missed India" I told them with tears behind my eyes.

"It's fine beta. Now we are here. We also missed you both alot, let's go up and plan a good surprise for  Ruhan " my mother-in-law said hugging me.

" You both being here is the biggest surprise for him. Trust me when he will see you both he'll be the happiest. " I told her  I took them both in guest room so that they could freshen up and relax for some time.

It was 11:58 and I went down to bring cake and party pooper. Then we all move towards our bedroom and just as 12:00 strike I turned the party pooper and ruhan get startled by it and woke up saying "What the hell happened".

"Happy birthday to you ruhan" we all said together, then when ruhan became completely awake he looked at his parents and went straight to them and hugged them and whispered towards me thank you.
We all sat down chatting together, eating and making fun of each other, we didn't realised where the time went and it is 3:00Am.

"We all should rest now. Ruhan you has office tomorrow. Go and take rest for few hours. We are also going to take rest" our parents replied and went to sleep in their room.

We took them to their rooms and returned to ours. I was really glad looking at happy face of ruhan. After closing the door I turned around to be welcomed by warm lips against mine and I smiled at that. After parting, ruhan hugged me really tight.
"Thank you so much love. You made my day more special. I am so lucky to have someone like you in my life" he whispered in my ear.

"I know dude you are very lucky. I'm the only piece left on earth now" and he smiled at my response. Then we both went to sleep we wake up around 7:00 and I prepared breakfast for everyone and ruhan also went to work. I didn't woke my in laws because they must be tired from the long journey. I took off from my college today, because I wanted to show around my in laws and also want them to meet our kind neighbours. Around 11:30 my mother-in-law came down.

"Namaste maa. How are you feeling ? You still tired" I asked her.

"Now it is better. I don't know how come people sit in flight for so long " I smiled at her reply because I can totally understand her.

" I also thought the same when I reached here first. I wasn't even able to sleep on first day" I told her.

Just then my father in law also came down.
"Namaste papa. You sleeped fine?", I asked him.

" Yes beta." he told me. We all sat down and eat breakfast  and I told them that I'll be taking them sightseeing around here and after that we will be attending a small party I have hosted for Ruhan's birthday.
We spent whole day together exploring the places around, I told them all about these months and also about all my friends and ruhan friends they will be meeting today.
After our sightseeing around the town and shopping for the party we all returned home.

"America is very clean and beautiful and you both are lucky to have such kind and helpful neighbours. " my mother-in-law said.

" Yes maa, they helped us alot in settling down when we came here" I told her. Papa went up after sitting and watching tv for some time and me and maa were left in the kitchen, preparing for tonight's dinner. We decided to cook Complete indian meal as it's been a while since me and ruhan had Complete indian meal and it will be great chance for our friends also to explore our culture. I have given maa the task to cook the sweet dish because I really missed the taste of her 'moong dal ka halwa.' I told her.

"So how it is going between you two. Any news of my grand kids " and I dropped the plate after hearing that and my mother-in-law laughed at my reaction. Then I told her the whole story up till now.

" I am so glad to hear that my son is such gentlemen. You take your time beta. We are not in hurry. Get to know him better. Strengthening your relationship and then moving towards the next step is very important for a healthy and trustworthy relation.", she said And we spent few hours cooking, talking to each other like good old friends and she told me all about what was happening in India and how my parents are also missing us both. She also told me that now both the families are more closer than before. There is family weekend every week. Where all meet and greet for dinner and have fun together. I smiled at that and happy that things are going good back home. It was so good having her after so long. I missed her advices. Around 7:30 doorbell start going off and our guests start arriving. I introduced everyone to maa and paa and everyone was having a good time.Everyone has came and things were all ready. I texted kabir to take ruhan home now. I have given kabir the task to make ruhan a bit late so that all preparations went well and also everyone has arrived. After 20 min doorbell rang and I received msg from kabir saying that they are on gate. I motioned towards everyone and they hid behind the couch. All lights were off. And I opened the door and ruhan entered with kabir.

"Why the lights are off wifey? " he asked me
And I replied,"to save electricity" and kabir laughed loudly at that.

" You had such great wife dude", kabir said.

"oh you were also there. Didn't see you before" I told kabir and showed him my tongue. And he laughed at my reaction. Ruhan turned on the light and everyone get out of their hiding space and shouted 'Surprise'  together and ruhan was looking at everyone then looking at me and then looked at kabir to which he bowed down.
"Your welcome bro. Let's get the party started" kabir said and went to touch the feets of ruhan parents. The party went really well everyone enjoyed alot. Our parents were also happy to meet our friends and kabir made the atmosphere light with his lame jokes and pulling my leg in between.

"I am thinking I should stay here maa and paa. I missed you both", kabir said hugging our parents and not leaving them.

" Off you go Mr. You are not welcome ", Ruhan said and maa came and pulled ruhan ear.
"How dare you speak to my son like this", and ruhan raised his hands up and said,"I always knew you love him more" and everyone laughed at that. And Ruhan's birthday ended with lots of memories and happiness in our heart. Next few days  we  took our parents around USA for sightseeing. They enjoyed it alot and were really happy.

(A. N:- I am extremely sorry guys for the late update. It's been very hectic lately. I hope you guys like this new chapter.
And do share your views regarding it and like it if you find it interesting ☺️)