TANJIRO KAMADO | REFLECTION

────────────────────────

The sun was setting magnificently over the horizon. The collection of bright colors mixed together ever so perfectly.

You were wandering on the outskirts of the Demon Slayer Headquarters, observing how beautiful the sky was painted in the most vivid pinks, reds, and purples. You sighed gleefully, embracing the natural world. Nature was your happy place.

On your stroll, you managed to encounter a small pond with lively fish swimming around in the cold temperatures. You wondered how they managed to live in such a cold atmosphere.

You stared at your reflection in the water. You tended to express an extreme lack of confidence in who you were. And yet, everyone told you that you were a beautiful human being. You chose to ignore that for your own protection.

"Ugh, how foolish you look, (L/N)," You commented at your own reflection, "A total mess."

You remained looking at yourself, taking in the features that you possess. You aligned your fingertips down your jaw, to your chin, to your neckline, taking in your perception of what you look like. You despised yourself.

Until someone came into your life that told you otherwise.

Another figure popped into your peripheral vision in the water. The crimson-haired boy smiled warmly as he noticed you checking yourself out.

"Are you judging yourself again, (Y/N)?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the right, admiring how beautiful you were.

"Potentially," you responded with a soft giggle, "I just can't help myself sometimes. I'm sorry."

You bowed, apologizing to the boy for being a nuisance, but he forced you to stand back up.

"Oh, no, no, (Y/N)! You don't need to apologize to me. I think you're the most attractive person in the world, anyway." The boy cupped his mouth after realizing what he had said.

You and Tanjiro weren't quite an item, but you wished it was the complete opposite. You desired to have him by your side every second. For some reason, you could not express your feelings toward the boy. Something was stopping you from doing so. However, everyone could see the chemistry you two had from miles away. It was just a matter of time.

"I didn't realize you thought that way, Tanjiro-kun," you teased, winking at the boy.

A faint blush rushed to his cheeks before he grabbed your hands, holding them in his own. His thumbs traced your hands, as if memorizing your knuckles to how soft your skin felt.

"Listen, (Y/N), I hope you don't take this the wrong way," Tanjiro confessed, looking at your hands in his own, "But, I really like you."

You paused for a moment, taking in what the boy had just told you. You chewed on his words for many seconds, processing and analyzing that simple phrase.

"A-Ah, I'm sorry, (Y/N), I probably shouldn't have said anything. I need to go train! I'll catch you later, okay?" Tanjiro stuttered rapidly before walking off at a fast pace.

Your eyes widened as you ran after the boy, "W-Wait, Tanjiro-kun!"

You grabbed his wrist gently, halting the boy from walking any further away from you. He turned around, giving you a surprised gaze as you inhaled.

"I never thought I'd hear those words," You giggled, sighing in relief, "You have no idea how much I've wanted to tell you the same thing."

"You're kidding, right?"

"N-no, idiot! I'm trying to say that I really like you, too." You confessed before looking down, letting go of his wrist.

Before you knew it, the boy embraced you tightly in his arms. You gasped, surprised by the gesture. You wrapped your arms around his muscular frame, reciprocating the hug.

"I-I'm so glad, (Y/N)! I couldn't wait to tell you." Tanjiro explained with glee, nuzzling his cheek into your hair.

The two of you stood there for many moments, not wanting to let go of the warmth of eachother. You turned your head to look at him, your hands still around his torso, "What are we, then?"

"When I look in the mirror, I want you to be by my side, always, in the reflection." Tanjiro professed romantically. You nearly swooned at the thought.

"I want to be yours, then." You replied, smiling wide.

Tanjiro lightly moved his hands and played with your hair before trailing his hands down to your jawline and cupping your face. Before you knew it, the distance between you two, was closed.

The kiss was soft and sweet. It was innocent, but meaningful for the both of you. You admired how soft Tanjiro's lips were against yours, moving in perfect motion. The two of you broke away to breathe before he gave you a warm, kind gaze.

"Never forget how beautiful you are." He told you confidently.

You couldn't help but smile in response.

────────────────────────

Author's Note:

AAAAAAH!! Sorry it's kinda short, I really had no idea where I was going with this oneshot.