GENYA SHINAZUGAWA | STARGAZING

────────────────────────

"Hey, hey, hey, hey..." You poked the younger Shinazugawa brother repetitively on the arm, trying to get his attention. He tried to ignore you intensely, but he couldn't resist your "annoying" gesture any longer.

"What the hell do you WANT, (Y/N)?" He turned to face you aggressively, his face slightly angry. It softened when you gazed at him with sparkling eyes and a passionate grin on your face.

You felt an overwhelming heat on your cheeks as you looked at him in complete silence. You really really liked the unique Demon Slayer boy. You quickly found out about his ability to eat demons and take their powers instead of using a breathing technique, but that didn't stop you from getting to know him.

You realized how lonesome he was when you met him at the Demon Slayer Headquarters after accompanying Tanjiro Kamado and his friends to relay information about Lower Moon Five. From then on, you desired to get to know him. You wanted to make him feel loved.

You quickly snapped back into your thoughts as Genya impatiently waited for your response. You ignored the feelings that you felt and asked him a question.

"Do you want to go stargazing with me, Genya-kun?" You asked politely as you slowly moved your hands behind your back, fiddling with your fingers nervously as you awaited a response. He looked at you with a strange look.

"If not t-that's totally fine! I—"

"No, I think I'd like that." He replied, trying to flash a smile at you. You grabbed his hand, much to his surprise, and sprinted outside the room that you two were in.

"The sky is super pretty tonight, and I want to witness it with someone I care about!" You smiled kindly toward his direction and laughed.

"O-Oh, alright." He responded, feeling very flushed. Was he getting sick?

You mentioned that you found a great spot to stargaze a few nights back, and so you brought him there.

It was a beautiful summer night, and you finally reached your destination. You took the matured boy on top of a small hill with a large cherry blossom tree at the top. You adored cherry blossoms, so you immediately loved the spot that you found. The hill overlooked the horizon, and one could see the whole night sky right by the tree. It was certainly a beautiful sight.

You dove into the thick grass and rolled in it, gesturing the boy to do the same

Genya broke a chuckle at the sight of you diving into the grass. He simply lied down beside you and sunk into the grass.

The two of you sat there in a sweet, comfortable silence.

"I told you, it's pretty, isn't it?" You said softly before turning your head to look at him.

"You're right..." He responded, blinking slowly and looking at the sky.

A shooting star, bright as day, threw itself across the sky. It left a beautiful bright trail behind it. You gasped softly in awe, for you had never seen a real shooting star before.

"I made a wish." Genya whispered softly.

"What is it?" You asked, your lips forming into a thin line, anxiously waiting for a response.

Genya hesitated, thinking about how he should tell you.

He never admitted it, but from the moment you met and from the moments you desired to befriend him, he felt a light spark in his life. Even though his own brother has eliminated his existence, you still remained curious in who he was. You stayed.

And for that, he was so grateful for you, but he would never show it. So he hid his emotions and dealt with his problems on his own. He never ever wanted to burden you with how he felt because he thought you would leave.

"I wished that we could stay like this together for life." He voiced, his tone rather quiet and anxious.

You sat up immediately and put your weight on your palms, looking down at him.

"What?" He asked, feeling very stressed out.

"I never knew you felt that way..." You replied softly before running your hands through with your extremely soft (H/C) locks.

"I've gotta say it eventually, (L/N) (Y/N). I like you." He said nonchalantly while looking at you.

"Deadass?!" You eyes widened in shock.

"Deadass."

"OH MY GOD, GENYA-KUN." You crashed your body onto his, embracing his rather muscular figure.

He was immediately surprised and tensed up to your sudden affectionate gesture. Nonetheless, you felt a pair of strong arms wrap around you in response.

"I like you too! I really do!" You laughed, "I'm so glad you didn't kick me out of your life!"

"Why would I?" He replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You've been the best thing that has ever happened to me, (Y/N)."

────────────────────────