OBANAI IGURO | STARLIT VILLAGE

────────────────────────

Requested

Fluff

Obanai Iguro x Kanroji Sister! Reader

────────────────────────

Your life as a Kanroji sister was more than enough fun and heartbreak.

Being the sister of Mitsuri was a trip. Her beautiful, doll-like features always gained the eyes of men, and bestowed a jealousy in women.

She was kind, honest, slightly over-obsessive, and the strongest person you knew. When you were bestowed the Hashira title for your own created breath, you were more than excited to fight alongside your sister.

You two didn't look that similar, but everyone knew you were a Kanroji by your looks. You were beautiful.

But with Mitsuri's looks and charms, you were only her mere shadow.

Only one person payed attention to Mitsuri's shadow. He was quiet, strict, and occasionally crude, but he was the only one who sought to know both sisters. Both you and Mitsuri.

Tonight was the night you wanted to spend time with him. And when he told you he would accompany you in a nightly walk around the village, you were over the moon.

"Iguro-kun!" You popped your head through the sliding doors, a bright smile dawned on your face, "Are you ready?"

"H–Hello, (Y/N)..." He gazed at you. You noticed his heterochromatic eyes shifted towards your outfit and back to your face. You were dawned in a beautiful traditional kimono, and your hair was styled to fit your features. Flowers dawned your (H/C) locks that matched your (F/C) kimono.

His outfit was rather traditional, and it certainly fit his serpent-like persona. His companion, Kaburamaru, also slithered down his arm and toward you. You bestowed a quick peck on the albino snake, and you swore it's eyes turned into little red hearts.

"Shall we?" You wrapped the snake back around Obanai's neck with a warm smile, and Obanai nodded in a silent response.

This particular night, the Swordsmith Village held a festival. Dawned with stands full of treats and treasures, you were excited to hop around each stand. You grabbed Obanai's hand immediately, and began to drag him along to every single stand that had a sparkly item.

He secretly loved your excitable demeanor, so he never denied your hand tugs or when you punched his clothing to get his attention.

Your smile was more than enough for him to enjoy the night.

After many trips to each stand and a piece of candy for you, the two of you walked silently after you fatigued from your child-like curiosities and actions.

The two of you strolled on a dirt pathway that led toward the quiet, calming outskirts of the village. 

Customers and tourists had gradually left, and only you two stood on the pathway. The stars twinkled, and the galaxy was glistening against the dark hues of the universe. You stopped in your tracks to admire the stars.

A nervous smile rigged against your lips, and your mind told you to express what was on your mind subtly. You placed your hands behind your back.

"I know you love my sister, but I can't help but feel these... feelings." You admitted, your eyes looking anywhere but at him. You stared at the stars and took a deep breath.

"I want to get to know you, a–and to understand what goes on in your mind. I've always wanted to know who you truly are," You lightly giggled at the thought of your own embarrassment, "I'm sorry this sounds so cheesy. I really enjoyed tonight."

"N–No," Obanai scratched his cheek with his index finger, "I–I did really like your sister, but I didn't seek past the persona she played. You were genuine, and I never understood why you were unnoticed. I noticed you from the day I met you..."

"I'm not really good with words, but," Obanai shifted his eyes, looking away from you as a light blush scattered across his nose, "You were the light in my life the whole time."

You looked back at him, your (E/C) eyes gazing at his features. You leaned close, and quickly placed a light kiss on his cheekbone.

You let out a light chuckle before intending to skip toward the main street where you two were staying, "That's all I needed to hear."

"Come back here, (Y/N)," He grabbed your wrist gently and spun you around, your hair twirling with the light breeze, "A light peck won't be enough..."

Unveiling his lips, you didn't blink twice at his scar. You found it rather beautiful and unique that such an attractive young man could possess such delicate and tough features at the same time.

You really adored him, dare to say you loved him.

He gently entrusted his lips onto yours, a smile tugging up on his own lips. The feeling of his lips against yours was euphoric, like two red strings had finally found one another.

You gently peppered kisses all across his pale face with delight, and you could nearly feel his throat suppressing a groan. You two were in public, after all.

"I hope you don't mind this Kanroji." You laughed nervously, placing your palm against your cheek.

"To me, you're just (Y/N)."

────────────────────────

Author's Note:

My whole life I thought Iguro was his first name. I–