GIYU TOMIOKA | DANCE WITH ME

────────────────────────

(E/C) irises glanced back and forth in the village. Your hands were clasped in front of your lap in attempts to act as natural as possible. To your left, was a dark haired male with his classic stoic demeanor. The two of you walked in a comfortable silence.

It wasn't a surprise that you were sent on a mission with the Water Hashira, Giyū Tomioka. As pillars, the two of you were constantly traveling Japan together. You two worked extremely well together, and neither of you seemed to mind.

You were constantly talking with Tomioka, even with his one-worded responses or short phrases. You sought to lighten the dark, tragic mood every night. Slaying demons wasn't particularly lighthearted.

You thought nothing of it, for your duties as a Hashira were more valuable than your own life. You were focused constantly on saving the lives of the innocent, not considering any relationships other than friendship and camaraderie.

However, the way you interacted with Giyū was slightly different than any other pillar. You masked your feelings with your values, and so did he.

On this particular night, the stars were glistening and twinkling in their respective colors. You were assigned an infiltration mission. This town forbade Demon Slayers from entering, even when demons would run amuck without human defense.

People would occasionally glance at you, but wouldn't think anything else about you. Usually, you would get awful glances because you were simply a Demon Slayer Corps member. It was a moment of clarity, as if the chains of slaying demons were broken, even for a few minutes.

Hiding your respective Nichirin Blade under your casual outfit, whether that be a yukata or a hakama, you walked alongside Tomioka. The night was still very young, and no demon had made it's debut in plain sight.

To kill time, the two of you walked around like normal civilians.

"The night is beautiful, don't you think?" You asked him, your eyes glancing over to him. He was gazing forward with his focused cobalt eyes, his lips a thin line.

He hummed in response, his gaze sometimes shifting from directly in front of him to the other citizens waltzing around. The street was brightly lit, and it seemed like people were celebrating an event.