TANJIRO KAMADO | ONE DAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND

────────────────────────

Requested

Enjoy!!<3

────────────────────────

Running around this god-forsaken mansion for many days and nights was one thing, but meeting the boy of your dreams completely threw your world off it's orbit.

Sure, the mansion that changed rooms and opened doors into the void made you insane as each hour passed by, but someone you would never forget entered that mansion with you.

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado!" He called out to you from the end of the hallway. You stood at the opposite frontier, in complete fascination that a young man would even consider speaking to you.

Let alone, another Demon Slayer had entered the hellhole you roamed.

"Why are you speaking to me?" You yelled back from the shadows, stepping forward into the dim light. The boy could finally see you.

"If we beat this demon, we can get us all out of here!" He replied. You could not help but notice a little girl hiding behind the boy's checkered haori.

"You brought a child in here?" You cocked a brow, lifting your chin a little higher than usual and hiding your irritation.

"I told her to stay outside, b-but..." The boy trailed off, and you sighed.

You walked over to the two and knelt down to the girl's level, smiling, "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), it's a pleasure to meet you. What's your name, doll?"

You held your hand out gently to the little girl, giving her a warm smile.

"T-Teruko. Will you help me and Tanjiro-san?" She asked, her voice as kind and sweet as the burgundy haired boy's.

You sighed, running a hand through your (H/C) strands, "As long as I can see the light of day, I'd love to."

That is when Tanjiro gave you his first smile; a smile so gentle and compassionate, that you could not help but fall for the boy right then and there.

From that day forward, you tagged along Tanjiro Kamado and his missions. You had nothing better to do.

And as you got to know the boy, you got a little too attached to him.

"Tanjiro! Tanjiro!" You would call out to him, "Let me come with you on this mission! I'll be of great help!"

You wrapped your arms around his shoulders from behind, a bright smile over your face.

Tanjiro couldn't help but feel flustered, shying your arms off him, "S-Sure, (Y/N), you can come."

You spun around in happiness and cheered. Your delightful smell was very soothing to Tanjiro, but your actions were a little too similar to Zenitsu around his beloved sister.

He didn't know how to act around you. The person he was closest to was Nezuko, and your advances on him were very strange. He couldn't wrap his head around how he felt about you.

Nonetheless, he cared for you as a good friend. You were there when he needed someone most. You were there when he cried, when he was angry. It was you.

Walking together in the night made your heart flutter, and sometimes you would attempt to intertwine your fingers with his. But subconsciously, he'd shake your hand off. He could not seem to notice how you felt.

It hurt you, but you kept trying.

One day, as you two were walking together, the dawn's rays appeared through the mountains ahead. It was like a painting, greeting the two of you with an illuminating grace and beauty.

"Hey, Tanjiro?" You stopped in your tracks on the dirt path.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" He turned around.

"I want you to remember this." You told him, before stepping close to him, your faces inches apart.

Tanjiro could feel your breath on his skin, and his eyes widened. He was confused, but you remained close to him.

You placed a light peck on his cheek. The burgundy haired boy's face increasingly reddened by the second. You stepped back from the close proximity of the two of you, exhaling deeply.

"W-What was that for, (Y/N)?" He stuttered out, his palm holding where you kissed him. The boy was in awe of you.

"One day you'll understand." You replied, a playful grin painted on your lips.

You skipped away, leaving a blushing mess behind your tail.

────────────────────────