💚 . 19

K E N T R E L L | 🎙💚

"This the house." I nodded, looking at the two-story house . It was a khakish color, and I'm sure this was the one . Right on 43rd street . "You want me to stay outside, or ..."

"Ima call you when I'm done." I nodded and walked out the car . I tucked my gun inside my waistband, just in case there were some opps on this block . I watched the Rolls drive away, and I opened the gate door slightly . It made a screeching sound . I walked into the yard seeing the familiar Buick SUV in the front driveway .

It's been months since I came here . I didn't want to come here with the gang, because I didn't want them to know . And I most definitely wasn't gonna come here with Yaya . I knocked on the door before waiting for a few seconds . I knocked again, and after a while a lady answered the door . "Hi..." she gasped when she saw me . "KENTRELL!" She pulled me into a hug, and I hugged her back tightly . "How you doing, ma?" I smiled . "Come in, come in. I've been doing fine." She waited until I came inside the house, and she closed the door .

I looked around the house . It all looked the same . "Boy, come sit . It's been a while since I saw you." She directed me and I followed her through the kitchen until we got to the living room . "You don't want nothing? I got some cookies I had made—"

"Yea, I want some cookies." I said quickly . I loved when she made them cookies, it was always my favorite type of dessert . "Okay, Baby." She rubbed my head and walked back into the kitchen . I felt like a kid again .

I looked around the living room, and saw a picture of Jalicia and her brother, James . He wasn't too young, he was around 15 . Like my brothers age . I ain't seen his ass ima long time, we were close as hell . Then I picked up a picture, and saw Jalicia sitting on a stone . She looked around 12 . Yea, she was still fine back then . Thinking about her made my stomach hurt . Babyjoe was right . She most definitely not gone wanna talk to me or see me cause of what I did . It wasn't like I could co—

"I got you them cookies." Ms.Johnson walked into the living room with a glass plate of them cookies I wanted . I licked my lips . "Thanks." I nodded and took the plate from her sitting calmly on the couch .

She sat nearby, facing the TV . "So, what bought you here?" She looked at me . "I just wanted to visit." I shrugged . "Jalicia ain't never tell you no..." she drifted off as I shook my head no . Jalicia and her mom ain't really have a nice relationship, especially when her father died . She was close with her brother tho, very much . She would go to war about James . Every time I tried to talk to her about it, she would walk away and change the subject . The last time I tried doing that was a few months ago .

"Actually, Jalicia not talking to me right now." I put the place on the coffee table . "She not? Why not?" She faced me . "It was over something dumb ... I was being dumb, and I know she's mad at me for doing it . I tried calling her, and texting her, but she won't answer none of my calls." I shrugged .

"She's very petty, yuknow." She chuckled . "Oh, yeah . I know." I nodded quickly . "Where's James?" I asked looking around as if he would pop out when I called his name .

"He went to a basketball game." She responded . James played basketball, and he was good at it too . He was even better than me . "Well, when he come back tell him I came over." I nodded . "I'm gone most definitely tell him that." She nodded quickly . "Ma, what I'm gone do? I think I be overplaying my part." I shook my head . "You love her?" She raised her eyebrow . I didn't say nothing . She smirked .

"Just take some time, and see what yo mind think . And the "overplaying" part, just don't do stuff you know that's gone embarrass her or make her mad." She explained . "You're a really great mom . I don't know why she acting this way with you."  I shook my head . "All I really want to do is see her, I know I might've did some bad things in my past.." she covered her face . "Aww...ma." I hugged her . "I'm just only trying to be a better person.." she huffed . "You are a human . You have things in the past that you may regret, but that's life . But you don't have to keep blaming yourself for the cause of it." I looked her in the eyes . She nodded .