~ | Two | ~

Time Jump to when the school year's about to start

Harry's POV

I watched 'Mione and then Ron run through the wall in between the signs for platform 9 and 10. We were off to Hogwarts once again I thought as I run fast at the wall. I still always brace for impact after second year but thankfully I re-emerge at Platform 9 and 3/4. I catch up to Ron and Hermione and we head towards the train waving goodbye to Mrs Weasley. 

Running late we just hop on in time as the train pulls out of the station, parents on the platform wave tearily as do first years peeking out of the windows. We head along the corridor hoping to find a free compartment, full, full, full, full, full, they were all full! As we walked passed I could feel younger students stares on me and could hear they muttering sayings like 'It's THE Harry Potter', 'It's the saviour', 'I wonder if he'll give me his autograph'. I just wished I could be normal. 

We finally came upon a compartment that wasn't full, inside were Ginny, Neville and Luna. We all went to sit inside but suddenly the trolley witch was behind us. In a stern croaky voice she warned,

 "Only 5 people allowed in the compartment at most, I don't care who you all are or what you did rules are rules!" Since when was that a rule I wondered although it was a small compartment and I guess six people would be a little crowded. 

"What?!" Ron started to object before I interrupted him 

"It's fine Ron, I'll go find another compartment, It'll be too crowded if we're all in here anyway." He scoffed and glared at the trolley witch "fine. See ya at Hogwarts Mate." I nodded and headed out the door to find a compartment with more room.

I passed more full ones until I came upon one with only one person huddled up against the window. I couldn't see their face as they had it covered by a grey hoodie with dark green features. 

I slid the door open while addressing the person "excuse me, can I please share this compartment with you? None of the others have ANY room!" I sighed. The person turned towards me and I was slightly surprised to see none other than Draco Malfoy nodding his head in agreement. "Thank you" I replied while pushing my trunk above the seat opposite him. It was odd, he made no attempt to insult me or even give me a rude look or shove. He didn't even give me a second glance. I stretched my legs out on the opposite seat and lent back on the wall next to the door giving me a perfect view of out the window and coincidently also Malfoy. He sat on one seat with his legs stretched out as well. He was lent next to the window and was facing the doorway. His eyes were shut.

He looked so tired and I had to admit that he looked kinda cute in his hoodie with ripped black jeans, WAIT WHAT?! Did I just think that Malfoy, of all people, MALFOY was cute! I rubbed my temples I must be more sleep deprived from the nightmares than I thought, after all this was MALFOY and I was straight!

I turned my gaze away from him ashamed of my thoughts. Although I wanted nothing more than for him to wake up and leave me in peace (although I was the one who bursted in on him) I couldn't help but to look back at him and stare.

His hair style had slightly changed, It looked as though he had put little effort in and instead of being smugly slicked back it had a more natural look. It looked more of his own style. He looked peaceful from where he slept across from me. It was clear he hadn't been eating much and hadn't gone out of the house much. He had gotten rather skinny but still had a muscled body. There were bags under his eyes from a lack of sleep. He had changed since the War. I assumed it hadn't been easy for him. I spent the rest of the train ride studying his face as he slept and cursing myself for it.