~ | Thirteen | ~

Draco's POV

A squinted my eyes as a blinding white light shone on my eyelids pulling me from the realm of the sleeping. Why on Earth were these bed sheets such low quality and scratchy!? I forced my eyes open and blinked a couple times to adjust from the morning sun directly on my face through a large window. I heard some footstep in the distance and rolled my face to look at who dared to enter my sleeping quarters. Then I realised I was in the hospital wing and it was just madam Pomfrey. Explains why the sheets felt scratchy against my delicate skin, I will have to get some new ones considering I will probably be spending a lot of time here this year, being the most hated student in the school. My whole body felt stiff and sore. As much as I wanted to sit up I knew that I shouldn't risk it so I just lay there and eventually fell back asleep before Madam Pomfrey could start fussing over me.

~ A couple hours later ~ It's the afternoon now ~

"Draco, Are you awake?" Now I am thanks to whoever woke me up, it had sounded like Pansy.  She didn't deserved to know the status of my conscious if she abruptly ruined my peace!

"Draco I know your awake." Excuse me! It definitely is Pansy and I'm very much asleep, who does she think she is!

"Draco stop pretending your asleep, get up you ass hole before Pomfrey kicks us out!" And that would be Blaise. I slowly pried my eyelids open just as Pansy was about to hit me with a pillow from a neighbouring bed.

"Jeez Pans, I'm awake, chill out!" Were my last words before she waked me on the face. I put on my best Malfoy scowl and she just smiled at me innocently "Oh whoops, sorry Dray-"

"Don't call me Dray."

"Your no fun." She pouted before putting the pillow back and sitting on the bed where it had came from. 

"Feeling any better?" Blaise asked me, not even trying to hide the concern on his face. 

I nodded "Yeah, what did I miss today? Did they start school work yet?"

"Thankfully no school!" Pans looked disgusted by the thought of already having to do school work.

"today was just to unpack and get to know your dorm mates." Blaise added and then a thought hit me. Shit. I didn't know who I was roomed with yet. 

"Um Blaise, Pans. Who am I rooming with?" Maybe I would be able to stay in the RoR instead of with the three Gryffindors (who would want to most likely kill me) consisting of the Weasel, Potter and Irish dude.  

"Harry." Replied Blaise. Was he stupid, I knew that! Wait! Had he said "Harry?" I questioned. He just smirked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Who else Blasie? I know I'm with Potter already you baboon." 

Blaise answered "Neville Longbottom" 

Wait, wasn't he paired with Bla- "and me." Blaise finished grinning from ear to ear. 

I felt relief, joy, confusion and gratitude coursing through my veins all at once as what he said sunk in. "Really?!" I asked and both him and Pansy were nodding. "Please explain how this exactly happened! How did you manage to convince Potter to room with two Slytherins!?"

"Well..." Blaise started giving Pansy a glance, what did that mean? "I didn't actually do anything if I'm being honest. They decide we would want to room together" Blaise wasn't making sense.

"So your telling me two Gryffindors, who hate us. Picked to be dorm mates, for our benefit?!" I said dripping with sarcasm. 

And then Blaise and Pansy nodded again. 

I realised that he wasn't kidding."WHAT?! Thats, what? why? are they crazy or something? what? your kidding me right? we're not even dorm mates probably" I let out with a huff but before either of my best friends could reply Madam Pomfrey cam in and shuffled them out telling them something about how she warned them not to riffle me up as if I couldn't hear her. Then she came over to me giving me a vial. "Drink this young man before I give you an inspection too check if you can leave yet." I downed the drink in response and it was, yet again, gross like all Hospital Wing potions. After I had finished she pulled me out of bed and cast a few spells running up and down my body. 

"Okay your free to go but if you feel any signs of pain please return immediately!" She said finally. 

"Thank you Madam." I bowed before heading out, swishing my creased cloak I had been lying down in, in a way Snape would be adequately proud of. Only problem was I forgot which way the Eighth year common room was. 

~~~

Thankfully about an hour after searching, when night had already fallen, I found the peculiar painting of a deer, dog and changed werewolf underneath a beautiful full moon. I quickly straitened and fixed my robes and spoke the password "Liquorice puffs" which Mcgongall had told us yesterday. The painting then swung open revealing the furniture-less common room. Blaise and Pansy were over in a corner and I walked over to them  feeling cold stares burning into my back. "Where's our dorm?" I asked Blaise.

"Follow me." He said and I did. We went up the staircase and along a hallway until we reached a door with a marked 'Eight' on the front. 

Inside was far better than anything the dungeons could of held. While there felt like home this was much more luxurious. I saw the bed with my trunk in front of it and sat down on it enjoying how much better the linen was here than the Hospital Wing. I noticed that neither Potter or Longbottom were up here, thankfully! and turned to Blaise

"This room is soooo much better than the dungeons!" I sighed. 

"Ah-huh. We really got lucky, I saw Theo's room and it's not nearly as big."

"A plus to rooming with the 'Chosen one'" I rolled my eyes. Potter always got what he wanted it was unfair.

"Everything with you always has to link back to Harry." He laughed at his absolutely, completely false, ludicrous statement!

"Oh yeah, well since when you been calling him 'Harry'?" I asked in a mocking tone. 

"Since I realised he and Nev weren't actually dickheads" 

"NEV?! Blaise Zabini are going soft and befriending the Gryffindors!" 

He just laughed "sure Draco, you ought to do it to you know, they're alright guys." I just rolled my eyes, the day I befriended a Gryffindor would be the day I honestly went crazy. 

"I'm going to sleep." I huffed choosing to ignore Blaise's comment that I'd been sleeping all day and tucked under the covers of the bed but I couldn't sleep. My brain was churning and churning all night long, even after I heard Potter and Longbottom come in and go into their seperate beds. Why had the Gryffindors chosen to room with each other for our benefit? What could Blaise see in them? and for the first time in my life I allowed myself to consider if underneath the hate maybe I did like Potter? No I couldn't like him, could I?

He hates me anyway.

____________________________________________________________

An ~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've just been really busy. 

Hoping you guys are all staying safe despite of the Corona Virus going around and still managing to have a good day x

I was thinking of maybe starting a one shots book or something 🤷‍♀️what do you reckon?

Thanks, Harper x