~ | Seven | ~

Harry's POV

After all I'd done for the wizarding world I just hoped that whatever forces were out there controlling the rooming situation that I would be with my friends, at least one of them! As we all silently followed Mcgonagall through the castle I noticed small things like certain alcoves that no longer existed or were slightly moved from were they used to be, tapestry that were gone and replaced with new ones, bricks that looked newer or older than others. You could tell where certain spells had hit parts of the castle, destroying sections. I felt the emotions come in a waves, but now was not the time for a breakdown. I bit down on my lip to hold in tears and screaming as memories washed through my brain.

*flash* Cederic Diggory's look of confusion, shock and pain as he ordered for Wormtail to 'kill the spare' like he was nothing. Like life meant nothing. The sadness of his ghost as it chocked back tears asking me to bring back his body. It was the least I could do considering I hadn't been able to dave him in time, I had let Voledmort kill him and I had been the reason he was ther in the first place.

*Flash* The look on Amos Diggory's face as he saw his only son lifeless, his boy, his poor boy. If only I had saved him.

*flash* I could see in his mind, it felt as though I was the one torturing, hurting innocent people and killing those who got in his way, their looks of horror as the last bit of life drained from their eyes and they fell limp. Why couldn't I control my own limbs and stop what I was doing?! Was I evil?! maybe if I was more powerful, if I was stronger, better maybe I could gain control and they would still be here. Still be alive

*flash* I was hurting Mr Weasley, he was going to die, and it was all my fault, why was this happening?!

*flash* It was Sirius I had to do something! Anything! I was about to kill him!

*flash* spells were firing everywhere as my friends fought of the death eaters in the department of mysteries. I looked over at Sirius and saw him duelling with Bellatrix. All of a sudden as spell hit him and he fell back. It was almost as if time slowed. I watched him slowly fall back into the archway, only he didn't appear on the other side. He never would. He was gone. If only I had listened to Hermione I wouldn't of fallen for this trap. I felt arms wrap around me as I lunged to follow him through the archway. I wriggled, kicked and screamed. After that day I lost a piece of myself I was never the same. It was all my fault. I should have listened or at least protected him better. 

*flash* I was walking through the rubble of the school with Ron and Hermione. We turned the corner to be greeted by the disformed body of  a dead Ravenclaw. How had I let this happen! A student was dead. I looked up and saw a hallway filled with dead bodies, from both sides. How had I let this war go on so long, this was between me and Voldemort. All these people had died because I couldn't stop him sooner, faster.

*flash* The great hall was a sea of injured and dead, families and friends were mourning lost ones and those hurt were being cared for by others. Remus and Tonks lifeless bodies lay next to each other. Holding hand for the last time. Their son would grow up without parents because of him. He shouldn't of let them fight, they had so much to live for. 

*flash* The weasley's were huddled around someone, tears dripping down their bruised and dirt covered faces from fighting. I feel a gulp rising in my throat knowing that someone from my 'adoptive' family has died at my hand, in this war I made them all play a part in. I walk over and see the red hair on a stretcher. Ginny and George move to the side letting me in to see who it is. A lifeless Arthur is staring up at the roof next to Charlie's body which is missing limbs. Molly was trembling beside the both of them. Why had I caused so much pain, they should be alive, why wasn't I the dead one. I turned with teary eyes viewing the masacre that had befallen the school and headed to the forbidden forest to meet my doom. There was no more waiting.