~ | Twelve | ~

Harry's POV

I fell back on my soft bed. Our stuff had already appeared at the foot of the different beds. Our dorm was bigger than the one we had in Gryffindor tower. Next to the door was a broom stand with four brooms (mine, Neville's, Zabini's and Malfoy's). Each of us had a queen sized four posted bed with blankets in the colours of our houses lining the walls on either side of the room. Neville and Zabini's beds faced Malfoy and mine and there was a grey, super fluffy rug. I already loved it. In between the beds on both sides was a small alcove with cushioned seats and windows, one looking down at the black lake and the other at the quidditch pitch. Each bed had a wooden dresser next to it and on the wall facing the door there was another door that Neville had just declared as being an "oonseet" after forgetting the word ensuite which had resulted in surprisingly, Zabini, in laughing fits on the floor for a good five minutes and all of this together got me smiling. A genuine smile, a rare occurrence for me since what happened but seemingly an increasing one when I actually bring myself to socialise. 

I'm actually rather shocked at how well Zabini, Nev and I were getting on but to be honest I couldn't remember one instance where he was ever rude to me, or any other of my friends for that instance. I should probably start calling him Blaise since were gonna be rooming together. I alway thought he was an ass cause he was friends with Malfoy, on the topic I groaned. I have to share a room with the obnoxious git and I definitely, 100%, no way in hell wasn't worried that I might accidentally think of him as 'cute' again (I vomited in my mouth at the thought I had, had earlier.). It was because I hated him that I didn't want to room with him... well not entirely... but mainly!

There was also a round table on one-side of the bathroom door that had quills in the centre, I assumed this was for study or schoolwork and a mini libary of bookcases lined the wall. On the other side was a herbology table with a few pots filled with plants and a small potions lab (which I would probably be needing to use for study since I absolutely sucked at potions).

Nev flopped onto the bed opposite me "Hey I have some Bertie Botts every flavour beans my Nan gave me, wanna try some?" he called out before sitting up to rummage through his trunk "sure" I said sitting up as Blaise did the same. Neville 'ah-ha'ed in triumph as he pulled out the cardboard box filled with smoll beans. He took one out before chucking the box across to me. I took one out and held it in the palm of my hand. It was a deep red colour with spots of brown. It honestly looked revolting I thought as I stared at it before chucking the box towards Blaise. He too took one out and examined it. "On the count of three?" I asked. The other two nodded before Blaise started the countdown "One"

Nev continued "Two"

"Three." I finished as I popped the lolly into my mouth as the others replicated my actions. The sweet taste of strawberries broke out in my mouth with a hint of chocolate. I was pretty sure this was the sixth time in my LIFE I had gotten a good flavour. I smiled proudly at my luck and took in Blaise and Nev's expressions. Nev's face was significantly paler than usual and his lips were sucked in with his eyes being clenched shut. Zabini on the other hand had his wide open and looked like he was about to throw up as he stared at the wall like it was causing the taste in his mouth. I huffed out in humour, "What flavours did the two of you get?" They snapped out of their trance-like disgusted states and Neville appeared to be trying to still swallow. "super sour toe jam." Blaise answered. Holy shit that would of been disgusting "You?" he asked.

"Chocolate covered strawberry" I answered happily before being on the receiving stares of two death stares, one less threatening. "That is so unfair!" huffed Neville so I stuck my toungue out at him "I had fire worm brains!" he complained. I fell back onto my bed and slowly started to drift into un-consciousness before Nev tried to whisper, (thinking I was asleep) unfortunately not very well, to Blaise "any ideas as to how we can get payback against him for getting the good one."

"Well..." He replied "I have plenty of good pranks up my sleeve, you've got to being a Slytherin but we're hated enough as is, no matter how insignificant the fight I would be picking with the schools golden boy  would be, I can't risk it. You saw what happened to Draco just for pulling his name randomly out of a fucking bowl." 

Neville sighed in reply "sorry, I just forgot. People can be so confusing with all this hate. Honestly we should just move past it like Mcgonagall says." I'm pretty sure they thought I couldn't hear there quiet conversation but from quidditch my hearing was very equipped to picking up on quiet things incase a snitch wizzed past. "It's fine," Blaise whispered back "I agree but still some of us did pretty shitty things in our lives."

"But did you?" asked Neville so quietly I almost couldn't understand him. 

"Yes." he replied and then there was silence after I saw Blaise face away from the Gryffindor to his side and slide under his covers. Neville hoped into his bed as well. I pretended to already be asleep and soon enough I actually was.

____________________________________________________________

AN ~

idk why but my reaction to this chapter after proof-reading it is just 'lmao wow they became friends fast' but i feel like they really would cause i personally don't remember Blaise being that mean to the trio in the series but that could just be cause theres not much about him  🤷‍♀️

also I have tons of exams right now so updates may be a little less often soz.

hope you all have a good day and if you can please comment, vote and share. It would mean so much to me if you do

Thanks, Harper x