~ | Eight | ~

Ron's POV

What the bloody hell was going on? She told us to pick partners and then said we wouldn't be with who we chose! Not that I minded ending up with other Gryffindor boys but I could end up with a Slytherin dorm mate or several! 

And now I won't be with Harry, he's my best mate, after the war he probably needs me for like emotional support or sumthin, especially with the nightmares. Poor Harry. Maybe we could make a formal complaint to Mcgonagall about it, 'Mione could make it sound really fancy and all with formal language, the type the teachers like to read.

I huffed out, it wasn't fair! First I'm forced to do an EXTRA year of school and now I can't even spend it with my mates. 

I tune out Mcgonagall explaining something about picking names out of bowls and follow Harry into a line of other students. He may not be smart as 'Mione but he's smarter than me, I trust his instincts, most of the time. 

Mcgonagall starts explaining something about friend-ifying the other houses and that's why we can't be with our friends, blah, blah, blah. I don't really care, I've already lost all fondness for Mcgonagall for making me split up with Harry, nothing can redeem her in my eyes. Such a shame for her that being related to some of the schools biggest trouble makers can rub off on a younger brother.

I start planning different pranks I can harness from me brother's store to use on the old-lady that won't kill her... hopefully...

I lean forward "Harry, what's are we doing again?" I whisper hoping Hermione won't hear me from the other line so she won't scold me for not paying attention. Harry turns to me an just blinks at me before giving me the classic look that just say 'really Ron, even I was paying attention?!'  I shoot my hands up defensively, geez he should know by now I zone out! A lot! He sighs "We are picking a name out of this bowl" He points with his hand to the bowl at the start of the line. We take a step forward as the two first people (who were girls) picked one of the small pieces of parchment each that had names on it "oh okay. I get it." I nod, "Wait a second, why?" I ask, "what's the point of getting a random name?! Am I supposed to eat it or sumthin'? I'm joking I'm not that dumb!" Harry looks at me as if I'm three like Teddy, I might be a little dumb but i'm seriously not at a three year old level! or however old Teddy was, I should probably ask Harry.

"Whoever's name we pick out of the bowl is our dorm-mate" Harry explains. It actually makes sense now. I frown "so we don't even get our first pick or choose a second!" Harry nods "Yep." he rolls his eyes. At least he's not happy about it either. 

I huff, Hogwarts so far this year sucks, at least it couldn't get any worse with Voldy gone!

Harry's POV

Ron sometimes scares me with his stupidity. He really struggles to pay attention and focus, I don't know why. 'Mione says that it's just part of his impulsive and crazy behaviour as a Gryffindor and that he should try and overcome it rather than ignoring it as a personality trait. He always ignores her when she starts talking about it. I think he might be ashamed. I don't know, that's his issue and while I may lie and say i'm fine over and over again I know deep down that I have my own issues. I just don't know what to do about them. I can't  talk about them for some stupid reason, I'm just to weak and pathetic. My mind is like a prison. At least these wall aren't real even if they feel, like they are.

The first two people who picked put names was a Ravenclaw girl I didn't know and Hannah Abbott.

Hannah called out the name that was on her parchment, "Padma Patil" she smiled. I had partnered them a couple times in the DA and was glad that at least someone in Gryffindor would at least be with a friend. The two girls walked and waited off to the side of the lines softly chatting together.