~ | Nine | ~

Harry's POV

I stood there in shock as Malfoy stared me in my eyes. Had he just said my name, MY NAME! What?! I saw him brake eye contact and look down at his shoes as though they were the most interesting things he had ever seen. I start to process the fact that Malfoy an I were dorm-mates. He had been civil and it had been, well, nice, on the train but I didn't know how long that would last for. Maybe It would be fine. Oh merlin, trouble seems to follow me though.

I was about to walk over to the side with everyone else that had been paired before the room broke out in yells, everyone else seemed more annoyed by this than I did. 

I watched as the contents of the common room crowded around him, trapping him in a cage of bodies. I just stood there shocked frozen. My mouth hung open and my eyes widened as I heard peoples fists and feet making collision to Malfoy's body. I felt... sorry? for Malfoy? I was ashamed as well because I wasn't doing anything about it but for some reason my limbs would't bring me forward to stop this attack. Several spells were being fired at one spot in the middle of the mob and I went to yell out for them to stop, but my voice got chocked in my throat. Violence wasn't the answer, why couldn't everyone see that. We've had enough fighting. 

As I watch unable to look away I silently beg for the onslaught against Malfoy to stop. I don't even know why, he deserves this right? That's what they all are yelling, but who's right?

Finally Mcgonagall casted some spell that shot everyone away from the Malfoy. I gasped at the sight that was bestowed upon me. He was an extremely disheveled, crumpled up bloody body on the floor. He's white blonde hair was slowly becoming a deep red from the gashes on his head and the rest of his body. His limbs were clearly snapped and parts of his face were de-formed. 

I don't know how Hagrid ended up here but all of a sudden he scooped up Malfoy and carried him off, presumably to the hospital wing, Followed by Parkinson and Zabini. 

All of a sudden people started offering their condolence to me about Malfoy being my dorm-mate, saying things about how they were sure we could change it somehow. I was shocked. Was what just happened normal for them or did they just not care because it was Malfoy. I may hate him but he's still human!

Mcgonagall's voice rings through all others "Eighth years! As members of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry that behaviour is not tolerable! You will all be punished as I see necessary but for now those who still do not have a partner please hurry up and pick while Harry, I want you to come speak with me over here." She finished. 

I walked over to where she was numbly before she spoke to me "Now Mr. Potter I want to let you know that there will be no changing your dorm partner so don't bother asking." I nod silently before she continues, "Since Mr. Malfoy is unable to be here because of the event that just happened, the responsibility to choose your remaining two dorm-mates falls solely to you. Please make a wise choice." I nod again and she dismisses me with had I go and stand away from where the group of pairs are deep in thought. Who would I choose?

Soon everyone finishes up picking partners and we're instructed to pick partners to pair up with. I walk over to everyone else. Seam and Ron instantly come up to me. "'arry, Ron and I could room with you!" Ron nods, "Yeah, 'm sure we can convince Mcgonagall to move Malfoy to another room!" They are both beaming at me expectantly. I sigh "Mcgonagall just told me dorm partners are final." The frown clearly trying to think of a way around this before Ron lights up again "I mean we could always take care of him ourselves! After-all we know some pretty wicked spells, he's gonna wish he never picked your name!" Seamus nods along. These were two of my best friends, despite ups and downs and fights we all ended up close together in the end. I was being given a chance to room with them on a silver platter. This is what I had been hoping for all of tonight.

___________________________________________________________

AN ~

Sorry Short chapter, I just wanted to have a quick update. 

Who's Harry gonna choose to room with???

- Harper x