~ | Four | ~

Harry's POV

"Hey mate!" Ron called, "long time no see!" he joked as we started walking towards one of the many thestral pulled carriages. 

"Honestly Ron, why are all your jokes so cringey!" I laughed and Hermione joined in too. Ron gave us an exaggerated offended look before laughing as well and helped Hermione up into a seat. The two of them sat across from me giving me plenty of room to spread out. 

"So Harry how was your journey, did you find an empty carriage?" Hermione asked as we continued the rest of the journey to Hogwarts. 

"It was actually quite nice and peaceful but no there were no empty compartments so I had to share with someone."

"who?" Ron asked pulling a chocolate frog out of his pocket and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Malfoy." I said cooly but at the same moment Hermione's mouth dropped wide open and Ron spat out his chocolate frog and yelled "WHAT?!" I laughed.

"calm down Ron we hardly talked, he was asleep the whole journey." I stated and Ron huffed 

"I still don't forgive him for how he treated us even if it was 'his fathers fault'! The war may be over but first I need proof he's not the same git he has been his whole life! Have you forgotten the things they have all down!" He looked into the forest rushing past us to his left. 

"Geez man I don't exactly like him either just because we shared a compartment doesn't mean I'm gonna end up marrying him!"

"I still don't understand why you spoke up for him at his court trial."

I shrugged "I don't know I just thought it was the right thing to do considering he did save my life." 

"Your too heroic sometimes you know that!" Hermione sighed "It's almost gotten you killed in the past." I looked at her with a raised eyebrow "Just be careful." She laughed play punching me in the side of the arm. I smiled thinking about how lucky I was to have these two as my friends.

Draco's POV

After Potter and I went our seperate ways I headed to the exit. A wave of cold air hit my face as I walked outside. I quickly rushed into the shadows before I could start receiving the deathly stares and comments. I knew I deserved them, I deserved worse. I felt a wave of darkness as I fell to the floor around the corner of the train station building. I felt a tear drip down my cheek. Then another. and another. After a few minutes I could hear that nearly all the students had left the station so I arose and headed to a carriage. 

As soon as I came around the corner I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I looked down to see Pansy and behind her stood Blaise "We were so worried about you! First you don't even let us share a compartment on the train with you and then you disappear!" 

I released myself from her hold and mumbled "Sorry Pans" before leaded them off to a carriage. There was one left lucky I noticed as I hoped in. 

"So did anyone bother you on the train? come into your carriage? anyone we need to murder in their sleep tonight?" Pansy asked smiling. 

I laughed "not really."

Blaise raised an eyebrow "not really, what does that mean? What happened?"

"Well..." I didn't want to lie to them considering they'd be the only friends I would have this year and possibly forever "I did end up sharing the compartment."

Pansy let out a gasp and Blaise smirked. "Who with?" Pansy asked with a humungous smile.

"Potter." I replied. Pansy jumped shaking the carriage and nearly falling of to the side before Blaise caught her by the waist and sat her back down. "WHAT?! DRACO MALFOY YOU BETTER EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW WHY YOU WOULD SHARE A COMPARTMENT WITH HARRY BLOODY POTTER AND NOT US! OF ALL PEOPLE HIM?!" She threatened a clear look of bewilderment on her face.

"I don't actually know why?" I sighed. "He just asked and I couldn't bring myself to say no." 

"What happened?" asked Blaise,

"He asked if he could sit with me because everywhere else was full and I said yes, then he sat on the seat across from me and stretched out as I was and I fell asleep." I finished but they both new me too well

"What else happened Draco?" Pansy asked as Blaise smirked next to her.

"Ok fine, and then he woke me up so I could put my robes on before we arrived." Pansy giggled before I shot her with deadly stare, "fine, I'll tell you the rest later!" 

Pansy snarled "That's so not fair!"

Blaise "We've arrived now anyway beside no offence Draco but after seven years of hearing you go on and on about Harry I don't really mind getting a break from it." 

My mouth flew open in protest, I didn't ever go on and on about Harry... that... much...

okay maybe I did but it was because I hated him. I crossed my arms and huffed in the way a toddler would and Pansy and Blaise started cackling with laughter. We quickly hoped down from the carriage and walked into Hogwarts. 

____________________________________________________________

AN ~

Hey guys, if you want to check it out I just made a drarry insta account! It's called xdrarry_postsx and I would really appreciate it if you could follow and like my posts! 

Thankyou! 😁