~ | Six | ~

Draco's POV

I really just wanted to go to my dorm straight after the feast. I was so surprised I was able to sleep on the train without nightmares. It was that peaceful sleep I was craving and hoped to find safe in my good old bed in the Slytherin common room. Because of this I was not happy when Mcgonagall asked all 8th years to stay behind after the feast.

People started to finish up with their meals and the 7th year prefects of each house started to lead the 1st years to their assigned dormitories. After the first years left other grades followed out after them and soon the only people left in the hall were the 8th years.

I looked around at which students from my grade came back. On the Slytherin table there was me, obviously and Pansy and Blaise who I know only came back because my sentence made me too. I was lucky to have them although I would never admit it Pansy would never shut up about it. The only other Slytherins were Millicent Bulstrode and Theodore Nott. That wasn't that bad I was glad Crabbe didn't come back, he could just be straight out so annoying and a tiresome to talk to.

I looked over to the Hufflepuff and was surprised to see that only two had returned. They had their backs facing us so I couldn't make out who it was exactly but it appeared to be the Justin Boy and the blonde girl I assumed was Hannah Abbott.

I never really knew any of the Ravenclaws so I skimmed past their table noticing that they had quite a few returned students. Always was the smart house I chuckled to myself.

My eyes stopped on the Gryffindor table across the great hall. The first person who caught my eye was Harry Potter but I quickly looked away to complete my mission of viewing who had returned. To his left sat Weasley shoving down chicken wings, what a pig! Hermione sat across from the two boys saying something to Harry who was grinning in reply. Longbottom also sat next to them but rather was having a seperate conversation with Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan. The two boys appeared to be holding hands, I never knew they were into guys but I guess I'd never really pay that much attention to them anyway so I guess it made sense.

Harry's POV

Mcgonagall cleared her throat at the front of the room gaining all the 8th years attention to the front. I was surprised at how little people came back but I understand why they wouldn't. 

"Well" She began "It is good to see you all again. You have all matured so much since your first year and I'm glad I could see you all grow. Many of you become young adults this year, turning 18 and I'm very pleased that you all returned to finish off your education." She smiled warmly, I was glad that I hadn't lost her too, she was like a mother, er, more a grandmother to me. "Since we do not normally have 8th grade the normal house dormitories do not have enough room space for you to stay, because of this we have created a fifth common room for you all to stay in. You will have inter-house dormitories," My heart dropped, we would be sharing a common room AND DORMS with other houses! I wasn't that worried about Ravenclaw or what was left of Hufflepuff but SLYTHERIN! REALLY?! oh Merlin! I looked over at Ron and his mouth gaping wide open proved that he was thinking the same thing. 

Mcgonagall continued speaking "If you would please all follow me to the 8th year common room, I will tell you who will be sharing dorms with whom." She glided down from the front of the hall and continued out of the hall. As we all stood to follow her our empty plates vanished from the table and worried glances were shot around the hall.