~ | Ten | ~

Draco's POV

I heard voices muttering in the distance and I slowly forced my eyes open despite the pain shooting through my whole body. I saw Blaise and Pansy standing next to Madam Pomfrey discussing something in hushed voices, we were in the hospital wing which made sense considering the pain I was in. I couldn't remember why I was here though. I closed my eyes again and tried to listen in on the conversation.

I heard Madam Pomfrey mentioning I would be okay by tomorrow, or something along those lines which I was very thankful for. I couldn't make out anymore then a few words but as soon as I caught Pansy say "He's rooming with Potter" how I got here came flashing back to me. I sat up quickly which I instantly regretted as my body fell as though it burst up in flames the way the RoR did in seventh year. I moaned out in pain and Pansy, Blaise and Pomfrey came rushing over.

"What on Earth did you sit up for Mr. Malfoy?!" I huffed out before she scurried off calling out "I'll be back in a second just going to get some pain relief and healing potions!" 

Blaise and Pansy turned to me "Are you okay Draco?" They both asked at once. I scowled at them "Do I look okay? I certainly don't feel it." I spat. They both rolled their eyes at each other.  

"I can't believe I'm going to be stuck with Potter for a whole year!" 

"Bet your gonna secretly love it" Blaise dared to speak. Pansy even dared to double over in laughter at his statement.

I death-glared the both of them "I would hex you into oblivion right this instant however-"

"You secretly love us too, it's okay we know Dray." Pansy interrupted me. I was fuming at the both of them.

"First of all stop calling me 'Dray'. I hate it and no the only reason i'm not hexing you is because my arms are currently immobile! The moment I regain movement you are gonna wish you never said any of that!" I raged through gritted teeth. 

"Draco." Blaise said, gaining my attention, "Since your in the hospital wing I'm pretty sure that Potter will be the one choosing the other partner you pair with." Shit. My eyes widened and my anger quickly changed to worry, I would be stuck in a dorm most likely with Weasel and who knows who else. I had no clue who he was paired with! I would have to sleep in the same room as several people who hate me more than anything in the world! I was dead meat, maybe it would be better to of gone to Askaban than the hell I was to be condemned to here! 

Madam Pomfrey trotted back into the hospital wing with several vials of randomly coloured potions followed by professor Snape. Severus turned to Blaise and Pansy "You two may go, find out who your roomed with and who Draco is roomed with." I groaned at the thought of who I would be with and also because Madam Pomfrey began rubbing some Jelly-substance on my arms. "Quiet down Mr. Malfoy, this will lessen the pain." Was her reply. Pansy and Blaise nodded to my God-father before leaving towards where the 8th year common room was. 

Slowly the Jelly faded into my skin and the pain slowly eased throughout my body. Madam Pomfrey handed me a potion after potion under Severus' supervision. I drunk them all as commanded despite the gagging sensation rising at the back of my throat from the vile tastes.

"This last one is a sleeping draught Draco, you'll need your rest for the other to work to their full ability." Severus explained handing me one last potion. As soon as the last drop had been swallowed a peaceful tug pulled me out of conscience and I felt my head hit the pillow. The candle lights faded to black and I fell asleep.

____________________________________________________________

AN ~

Short chapter again soz, I'm gonna be away the next few days so the weekly-update will be slightly postponed but I hope this short filler chapter makes up for it's lateness. lol.

Please, please, please vote and share this story to others! I love all the support it's been getting and anything else would be appreciated. 

Also check out my insta account @xdrarry_postsx

Thanks, Harper x