PROLOGUE

I read the first few words of the book I pulled out of from the shelf. The collected poems and short stories of American writers. Hmm... wordy title.

"Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice."

And I would love to disagree Mr. Frost. I say it will end in floods. The only way the world really ends in the myths and legends were the floods. Take the Christian Noah's ark or the Ogyian deluge or the Pralaya in the Hinduism. I think I'm going to build a boat just to be on the safe side because nothing has the destroying ability of water.

Well maybe it's a side-effect of the fact that I nearly drowned as a kid and contracted a dreadful fear of drowning to my death.

I shut the book and kept back on the shelf. I looked at the clock. Five minutes to eight. Already late waiting for my sister(who coincidently was almost never on time and super clumsy person) .

"Hey kiddo , waiting on your sister are you?" my dad asked as he walked in clearing up the breakfast plates.

"yep" I replied.

"Samirah" my mother yelled just as my sister ran down the stairs, stumbling on the last one.

"We're late." she yelled as she picked up the toast running pell-mell towards the front door.

"Bye Mom, bye dad" she yelled.

"Wait up!" as I ran after her. Did she not remember I was the one driving us to school? My beat up old 67 four door Chevy Impala(six cylinder engine) stood outside. work still needed to be done on the car but the engine and exhaust system was repaired and running in perfect condition. My sister was snacking on the toast.

"don't you dare ruin the leather"

"there isn't anything left to ruin" my sister replied as I pulled out of the driveway. Well I believe differently. My car my rules.

The drive to Lewis High School was not a long one. Lewis High is just cliché. You know the jocks and nerds and goths and the worst kind the plastic Barbie's- the leader of which was my sworn enemy Georgie Duncan. Georgie was the worst kind of bully she would take sadistic pleasure in pushing everyone down. Well with her grade point average she was not going anywhere anytime soon so she would still be terrorizing kids while I would be working a job in Tata international. Yep I aim high.

I turned around the block and we pulled up in front of school. Another day of boredom. Just as I was about to park my car that another one took my parking spot. My parking. MY PARKING SPOT. I leaned out of my car. Oh great its Georgie Duncan. That's it. Queen of plastics was gonna get it from me.

"Diana. Omg didn't see you there...... well you and your gas guzzler ancient car." Georgie simpered.

Uhhhh....

"Well Georgie you and that nasty peach monstrosity of yours did a good job to blend in the background and you and your besties are doing a hell of a good job on being chunks of plastics and my car is not a gas guzzler." I yelled

"Diana, you are nothing but a total geek I mean who cares about cars and engines as much as you do." Georgie said. Her squad of plastic Barbie's laughed as if they were programmed to do so.

" Deep breath ... deep breath...." My sister muttered in my ear.

My temper often got better of me. I always protest but then Ethan Langdon ended up in hospital with a broken hand because he insulted my sister. Well his fault not mine.

In and out. In and out.

"Aww..... look girls the little girl can't keep her temper in check."

That's it .

"Georgie Hermione Duncan. you keep your Botox lips close or else I'm gonna kill you and feed your body to your yapping Pitbull" I said in a dead serious close to yelling but not yelling voice. I turned and walked away from the crowd that had gathered.

"Park the car" I said tossing my keys to Alexander my best-friend since school.

" Love Ya " he mouthed to me.

I rarely gave my car keys to anyone. Only a certain number of people in my life were allowed to touch them and the list was short.

"What would it take for you to control your anger Miss Wesson?" Mr Charles also my principal also the man whose mission was to make my life hard.

" Not much Mr. Charles. Not much" I said

"Well get going I don't want to see your face anytime soon" he said walking away with a funny look on his face.

"Well that was weird."

Mr. Charles hates me. He would use any reason to give me detention. Before I could give that any more thought the bell for class rang.

"Woah was that Mr. Charles and he didn't give you a detention. Maybe miracles do happen."

" Yep lets run to class before he gets back." I said running to class. No detentions meant I could go see the football game today finally. Yay and cheer for Alex. He's the defender on the team.

YAYYYY

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO COME TODAY?" my sister dearest yelled in my ear

Samirah hated crowds.

"Well mom and dad kicked you out as well for some socializing and you also came for the chocolate ice-cream"

"That I did" she hummed eating her chocolate ice-cream.

I concentrated on the field. It was an important day for Alex. College scouts were present.

"Woohooo Alex" I yelled.

The people around me gave me the dirty eye. Did I mention we were sitting with supporters of the opposing team?

And did I give a fuck?

Nope.

The opposing team's striker came towards the sixteen-yard box. Alex rushed at him to intersect him. The player moved aside and kicked Alex in the knee. Knee.

"Holy hell. That's a foul" my sister yelled as the referee stopped the game to give a red card to the player. All this while Alexander was lying on the ground with the doctors tending to him. I ran down the stands and out onto the field.

I knelt near Alex as the doctor snapped his knee back in place.

" Alex are you alright?" I said staring at him anxiously.

"Why the heck would you ask such a question when – son of a bitch this hurts" he said as the doctor wrapped up his knee.

"You need to stay off this foot for a while" the doctor said. As his team mates helped him to his feet.

"I'll take you home." I said. Alex's parents were out of town anyway so there would be no one home to see that he stays in bed.

"Sam, we are leaving" I said. It was at this same point that the player who had kicked Alex came up to me.

"I really wanted to say that I'm sorry" he said.

"nope I know you are not" I replied to him.

" Come near Alex again and it would not end well for you" I said opening my car door and driving out as the bewildered player looked on.

"Son of a bitch ruined my game and chances today. Will you stop so I may kick him back?" Alex asked.

"Some other day yes. Today no." my sister replied as she saw me contemplating the idea.

"Come on we'll have a lot of fun today. Movie night." I yelled to cheer up Alex who groaned in the backseat. Little did I know that the great fun night would turn into one of the worst nights of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: GOOD DAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I HOPE YOU DO FIND THE STORY TO BE NICE. I DO TRY MY BEST AND THIS IS THE BOOK THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY STARTED TYPING AND I THINK ITS GONNA GO SOMEWHERE(WHERE I DON'T KNOW). I LOVE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS AND LIKES. AND IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED IN MAKING A COVER FOR THIS STORY PLLLLLLZZZZZZZ DO.