CHAPTER 12:-

I had been driving for way long. The sun had set and it was 1:30 A.M according to the clock on the dashboard. The rock station had stopped playing at 12. The night was dark and I could see only a few meters into the darkness with the headlights. But I kept driving on. I didn't have time to lose. Nobody was going to possess my sister, not happening.

Micah had summoned a stack of paper work out of nowhere and was working on it. I rolled my eyes, he was still working on it. In near pitch-black darkness, without a torch or any light source. At this rate, he would be blind before dawn.

"You do know I am an angel?"

Again, with the I'm an angel.

"And I can also read your mind." He said, without looking up and scribbling something on page he was on.

"And don't roll eyes at me."

Great. This was just great. I looked out of the windshield, keeping my eyes on the road. We had taken the backroads and not the highways to avoid detection. Welcome to the life of fugitives.

I turned my attention back on the road, and I upped the speed. Earlier we were driving at 70 mph and now we were at 90 mph.

It did seem I had a death wish but then, I was always a fast driver. I liked the speed, the wind in my hair, you know the usual thrill. But suddenly I started feeling queasy, like an invisible band squishing my organs, and was it that I felt like the temperature was going down. Must be the fact that that we're driving in the middle of the night with my window down. I closed the window. Micah must have noticed that something was up.

"Diana, are you, all right?" he asked concerned.

"Yes."

"You don't look like you are." He said reaching for my forehead.

I pulled away from him. Anxiety was starting to creep in. Its icy tendrils were stretching across my mind. I felt the back of my neck, and my hand came up covered in something sticky. Sweat. () My knees were shaking. And my eyes hurt. The road ahead of me was getting blurry. I needed to stop. I needed to but I couldn't. My feet remained glues to the pedal. A voice whispered inside my head.

'Let it go.'

Great, the weird voice was mentioning Disney songs in my ear.

"Diana, I need you to stop this car, right now." Micah said in a steely voice. He looked at me right in the eye, something went off in his mind and he cursed.

"." He said reaching for me.

'Don't listen to him.' But I wanted to.

'Just give in.'

It didn't matter if I did give in or not, I could feel my control slipping away.

Micah meanwhile pulled out his sword.

"Don't worry" he said, leaning towards me, as my vision steadily declined. The last thing I remember was me stopping the car, and my fist flying at Micah's face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello peeps next installment is ready...... vote and comment and like plzz.....