8| as long as i am here no one can hurt you

A/N: hey everyone!! so i know it's been a hot minute since i last uploaded a chapter which is nothing new lmao. i just wanted to say that i reread my earlier chapters and i feel as though my last ones haven't been as detailed our written as well as i could have. i'm not going to rewrite them but i do promise to make sure i put out my best from now on. i've just been trying to get a chapter out there not really paying attention to the quality, but i'm going to put my heart and soul into the rest of the chapters i post for you and for me. with that said enjoy this chapter!!!

dedication goes out to @dolfia_malvie you a real on luv!!! :)))

***

A few feet down the stage Principal Weatherbee is shouting angrily into the microphone, "WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS REVOLTING AND VICIOUS PRANK BETTER COME FORWARD THIS INSTANT!"

Jughead and Betty are frantically rushing towards the platform to get to their friend while Toni is stood directly in front of the saturated redhead trying to stay calm herself so she can figure out what's running through Cheryl's head, because she's just standing there entirely frozen eyes clamped shut completely unresponsive.

As the entire gymnasium has their jaws dropped with wide eyes staring at the teen drenched in red, the pink haired girl is trying her best to usher her off the stage. "Cher?" Toni attempts to get through to her by stepping even closer. "Open your eyes...," she says softly despite her lip quivering in anger. Her nose wrinkles at the awful stench as she reaches out to gently wipe away all the blood from around the redhead's eyes. "It's me," the pink haired girl delicately whispers grabbing ahold of both of the girl's trembling hands. The redhead's vacant eyes open, however they peer right past Toni searching the crowd looking at all the students gawking at her either completely terrified or mocking her behind a screen. Toni can hear various footsteps make their way up the steps, but she can't bring herself to glance away from the redhead, even just for a second, until she knows that life is thrown back into the girl's body. "Cheryl, please... look at me," she pleads desperately with an aching heart.

In that moment the redhead's hands stop frantically drumming on her thighs, her fingers curling around to grasp onto Toni's hands squeezing them tight as she looks at her apprehensively. Toni watches with relief but also terror as Cheryl's eyes turn from pitch black to the iris distinguishing itself from the pupil. As if she's come alive again.

"I... w-want to... go h-home," the redhead's chest heaves through choked sobs as she looks into the pink haired girl's saddened eyes.

"Whatever you want," Toni nods breathing out quietly. Betty and Jughead finally appear at their side. After they all share one simple look, the three friends agree on what they should do next. They all shield Cheryl from prying eyes and phone cameras as they make their way through the parted sea of students. Toni's arm secured around the redhead's waist keeping her close not even worried a bit about ruining the dress that she spent all of her saved up theater money on. Betty is on the other side of the redhead, arm wrapped around her back, hand rested on her bloody covered shoulder while the other is holding up the skirt of her dress so her cousin doesn't slip. At the same time Jughead is behind them all shielding Cheryl's back as both his arms rest on either girl's shoulders who are flanking the soaked redhead.

At the center of attention the three friends are in dire need to get their friend who is currently teetering on a breached dam within herself out of crowded gymnasium. Any second now she could shatter into a billion pieces.

As the friends approach the obnoxious snickering from the two vixens with their hands on their hips and noses high in the air like snobs, they all can feel the anger boiling within themselves.