CHAPTER TWO: Revenge

Thomas Brompton.

He was perfect. He would not remember her, for he was too drunk. And she would not feel special, for he had many lovers. She was lucky when she saw him walk down the street toward her and she knew she had to act fast. He was not too suspicious - probably because he was too drunk or too willing for that - and she would not make him doubt.

He had taken her to his estate and straight to his bedroom. She was nervous. She had never done this before. Her virtue was still intact and she did not know what to do when he looked at her. Of course, she would not tell him that he would be her first. So she put up the bravest face and told him: "you lead. I will follow."

Thomas shook his head as he walked closer to her. "There is no leading and following. We do this together."

She could merely nod her head before his lips landed on hers. She startled, for she had never had lips touch her. But she must admit it was a good feeling. He felt soft and warm, but also hungry.

His lips moved over her mouth while his hands found their way to the back of her dress. He worked on the hooks and eyes, and before she knew it, he had untied her bodice and was throwing it on the floor. Then his hands cupped her face and his tongue pushed her lips. She wanted to pull away, but ignored the feeling of disgust. She was going to do this, no matter what her heart and mind told her.

She opened her lips and allowed his tongue to slip in while she felt his hands move to her hips. He blindly untied her skirt, petticoats and crinoline, then pushed them all down and guided her out of the many layers. He pressed her close to him again and explored her neck with his tongue.

It was quite odd to think it, but she found it felt good. It was pleasant to have a man stand so close and give his undivided attention. She was certain he did not know who she was, so he did not do it for her family name. In fact, if he knew who she was, he would probably stop right away.

But he did not. He kept going. He pulled open his vest and dropped it to the floor before he turned her around and untied her stays.

"What is your name?" he asked her, his loud panting making it difficult for her to understand him.

She swallowed before she told him: "Gwendolyn."

He threw her stays away and turned her around. "I am Thomas. Pleased to meet you," he added before he crashed his lips down on hers again.

She felt fragile and vulnerable in her undergarments, but pretended she was not bothered by it. She also did not have much time to think about it, for suddenly Thomas was in his bare torso. His shirt was somewhere on the floor, near his cravat. He lifted up the hem of her chemise and pulled it over her head. Then he pressed his naked chest against her naked chest and kissed lips.

He was a bit taller than she was, so he had to bend down to taste her. Maybe that was why he pulled off her drawers, then pushed her to sit on the bed. With his hungry eyes on her, he bend down and kissed her thighs, then trailed down to her knees. And while his lips trailed down further, his hands pushed down her garters and stockings. When he finally reached her ankles, he carefully took off her shoe and pulled out the stocking. Then his lips enjoyed her ankle before he moved to do the same with her other leg.

Once she was completely bare of any clothing, he took off his shoes and stockings, then stood up. With his eyes staring into hers, he took off his trousers. She did not dare look down at him, so kept her gaze on his staring eyes while her cheeks heated up.

Suddenly he pushed her down so that she laid flat on the bed. He did not crawl onto her, but just stood there. His eyes were roaming her body, looking at every piece of her skin that was showing. She felt quite uncomfortable showing this stranger everything she barely dared to look at, but she let him.

She had allowed him to inspect her, and she would not back down now. Not because she wanted this, but because she had to go through this to get what she needed – to lose her virtue.

Finally he decided he had seen enough and he crawled on top of her. His mouth fell on hers, and not long after, she felt him enter her. They said this was pleasant, she thought hatefully as she tried to bite through the immense pain she felt.

Thomas did not notice her extreme discomfort and kept moving, making her hurt even more. But then she could no longer keep silent. A painful moan - sounding more like a tortured groan - escaped her mouth.

Thomas immediately stopped moving and lifted his lips off hers. He must have seen the frown on her face, for he raised his eyebrows. And then he realisation transformed his face.

"You are a virgin," he said surprised.

She looked at him, afraid to say something that might make him pull out of her and send her away. She had come this far, she could allow him to change his mind now.

"I have never lain with a virgin," he told her.

She smiled at him, trying not to show her fear. "Then today is your lucky day."

He returned the smile, but she did not find it attractive. She found it frightening. She still felt her body doubting and wanting to pull back. But she ignored those feelings and took his head in her hands. Then she pulled him closer and kissed him. While lifting her hips, she encouraged him to move.

He did move, but slower now. She was still in pain, but she felt it slowly disappear. And after a while, it was completely gone.

She tried to enjoy the feeling of a man inside her. It was pleasant, she must admit. But she did not understood why people found this wonderful. Mayhap if she would share this moment with a man she loved she would find that too. But now she did not enjoy it - not at all.

Yet she bit through her discomfort and ignored her complaining body. She made love to a man she barely knew and who seemed to enjoy himself with her, while she told herself that this was the right thing to do.