Chapter 9

I feel light headed as Marco scrambles to grab me. He eases me into a chair, handing me some water. Drinking it, I look at hem. "Are....are you certain." I ask, bearly a whisper. Marco nods "I doubled and tripled checked. Cliff Gordon is your biological father." Marco said. I hold a hand out, he gives me the paper. I read it and it hits like a ton of bricks. "What room." I ask. "213." Marco replies. I get up, leaving the room and go to his.

Knocking on the door, I see Cliff on the bed. "Sorry for the wait. I just got back from a leg injury." I say. Cliff waves a hand "I understand. So, how long for my arm." Cliff asked. I go to the cabinet of cast kits and pull it out. "About two months. Is there anyone I can call to come get you." I said. "My wife's long dead and the only living member I have is a son she put away to hide hem. Lillian was the master of lightening and had a lot of enemies." Cliff says. "Master of lightening, you said right." I say, getting gaze out. Rolling his sleeve up, I begin wrapping his arm.

"Yeah, she was. She died four years ago, her past caught up to her." Cliff says sadly. "What if I said your son was closer than you think." I begin. Finishing with the gaze, I pull on some gloves. Taking silver cast wrap, I start wrapping his arm in it, not too or too loose. "That's impossible cause he would be about nineteen right now, with his mother's power." Cliff says. I pull away after finishing the wrap. Pulling the gloves off, I hover a hand over the wrap. Little sparks jump from my hand, dancing on the wrap.

Pulling back, I turn to the table, grabbing the folder. "How long have you had those powers." He asked. "All my life, I found out about them when I was six, Wu helped me gain full control over them." I say. "What would your name by chance be." Cliff asked. I turn to hem "Jay Walker, Ed and Edna rised me after the house caught fire and our, her parents died." I say.

Cliff comes over, he holds my face. "You have Lillian's eyes but my body built. Son?." I nod, he hugs me. I return it. "How long have you known." Cli..dad asks. "Found out before I came in here." I say. Dad pulls away, he still holds my face. "You have her face and hair style, god, you look just like Lillian." He said. I look at my watch "My shift ends at seven, if you want to wait." I say. Dad nods, we exit the room. Dad heads to his car, I to my desk. Looking at my phone, Cole tried to call, I call hem back.

'Hey, when I got your voice mail, I figured you were working. Want to have a dinner night out.' Cole says when he picks up. I smirk "That's perfect, I want you to meet someone I just met." I say. 'Can I get the jests of it.' Cole asked. "He's my biological father." I tell hem. The line is silent than I hear hem. 'Come again.' Cole said. "He's my biological father. Cliff Gordon is my biological father. He and mom, the former master of lightening, had me. But because mom was an elemental master, she had a target on her back and so put me in hiding." I explain. Cole shuffles the phone, I can hear clothing moving around. "I'd love to meet hem, where and when, I can ask Kai to drop me off.' Cole says. "The Rice Patty, seven thirty, I'm getting off shift now." I say, getting up. "Tell Kai it's just a dinner date between us." 'Jay keeping secrets, my kinda guy.' Cole purrs. I smile, wave to Marco, who salutes and I head out the door.

Hanging up on Cole, dad is leaning on his car. Walking up, he opens the passenger door. I grin, going to the Chevy Camaro beside it. "Follow me, plus my dates joining us." Dad nods, climing in his Tuhoe. We head to the meeting place.