Chapter 10

Pulling up at the Patty, I see Kai pull up, Cole getting out. I get out, Kai gives a salute, pulling off. Dad comes over, he looks Cole over. "Dad, this is Cole Brickstone, my boyfriend." I said. "You Rachael's boy." Dad asked. "Yeah, she's my mother. How." "She and Lillian were good friends, sisters really. If your dating my boy, I have no objection." Dad says.

We go in, sitting down. "Jay's an elemental, are you, Cole. Did you take after Rachael." Dad asked. "Yeah, master of earth." Cole says. We order drinks, soon getting them. I sip the root beer, Cole drinking his tea. Cliff is looking at me. "What's wrong" I ask. "Can't get over how much you look like Lillian, god, the only difference is the hair color." Dad said, slowly shaking his head. "Tell me about her." I ask. "She was head strong, smart, could think of a way out of anyjam. Saved Garmadon and Wu quite a few times. But, she also had compassion for others except the enemy. I loved her for it." I notice he uses past tense. "Your speaking as if she's dead." I ask. Dad pulls out his wallet, he pulls a picture out. "That's the last picture we took together. I found her dying on our door step five days later. A stab in the heart." Dad says. I take the picture, looking at mom.

Cole leans on me, he offers support. He too lost his mom around the time I did if the math adds up. I hand to picture back but he holds his hand up. "Keep it, I have plenty." He said. I smile, putting it in my wallet beside Cole's picture. We get our food, eatting and just chat for a while. It gets late so they bid each other goodnight and me and Cole get in my car. "He's cool." Cole says. "Yeah, he is. Can you keep this between us for now." I ask. "And pass up knowing something the guys don't, I'll take this to my grave if need be." Cole says, holding his hand out. I take it, we intwine fingers.

Getting home, me and Cole turn in. I curl into his chest, he wraps an arm around me.