Chapter 12

Cole's p.o.v

Six months go by slow when you don't have your lover by you. Every night, we called and talked for a while before Jay had to go to sleep. Jay said cliff had made a room for hem at his house. He sent me pictures and Cliff went all out on it. The Bounty comes into the city, I had called Jay and he said he was at the hospital working.

We land outside the hospital, I go in. Spotting his ginger hair anywhere as he talks to Marco, a folder in his hand. I notice his hairs longer, touching his shoulders but pulled in a ponytail. He's also much taller than what I remember. Infact, from the looks of it, he appears to be the same height as me. Marco sees me, I shh hem. Sneaking up behind Jay, I wrap hem in a hug, picking Jay up. "Cole, son of, you almost gave me a heart attack." I'm shocked at how deep Jay's voice has gotten, someone hit puberty. Putting hem down, Jay turns to me, grabbing my gi and pulls me into a very heated kiss infront of everyone. Cheers sound as we part, that's when I get a look at Jay's face real good.

His right eye is slashed, from his temple, across the eye, over his nose to the opposite cheek. Another three cross his mouth. "It looks worse than it was." Jay says. Marco pats Jay on the shoulder "Go, your shift ended half an hour ago. Be with Cole." Marco giggles. Jay sighs, puts the folder on his desk and we leave.

Kai's p.o.v

We wait for Cole as he visits Jay. Lloyd nuggles my arm, I look at hem. He points to the doors. Looking back, I gasp as Cole and...holy crap Jay's different. His hair is touching his shoulders but pulled in a ponytail. And he's the same height at Cole. Damn, these six months have been good to Jay. We all watch as Cole and the new Jay walk up the ramp, that's when we notice the scars. Something happened while we were gone, and Jay was involved. He smiles brightly as we hear a phone ringing. Jay pulls his out. Holds a finger up and answers the call. "Hey dad. Yeah, I'm off. No, Cole and the others are back. Really, what now, I'll ask." Jay pulls the phone down, covering the Mic. "Dad wants to have dinner with all of us. Is that alright." Jay asks. Wu nods, Cole is grinning like a loon. Jay puts the phone back "Same diner, alright, be there in ten. See there dad." Jay hangs up. "We have a diner night out every Friday after I get off." Jay explains. Wu nods, a smile on his face. Nya takes the ship to the diner Jay is leading us to.

Once inside, Jay heads straight for the long table with a mid-thirties man at it. "Dad." Jay calls. The man, Jay's dad apparently, stands and the two hug. "Cole my boy, how you doing." The guy said. "I'm doing great, Cliff." Wait, Cole knows this guy. Jay puts an arm around Cliff's shoulder "Guys, meet my biological father, Cliff Gordon." Jay says, a grand smile on his face. Cliff holds a hand out, we each shake it and sit. Cole has an arm around Jay, said man leans on Cole, purring with delight. "If I may ask, Jay, what happened to your face." Lloyd says. Jay opens his eyes briefly, then closes them. "Three months ago, I was on night shift...

(Flash back, three months after the gang left.)

Jay's p.o.v

I walk into the ICU room, an elderly woman lays on the bed. She came, dehydrated and shakes. She just needed to me on a drip for a while. I check the I.V, she smiles at me. I dip my head, my once shaved hair is now as long as my chin. Leaving the room, I go to my cobbey, taking the next folder. I go to walk put the desk area when

*five gun shoots*

Marco grabs my coat, I drop as the two of us hide in the octagon. Five thugs run in, a sixth on a bed. "Who's the head guy here. Come out now or we shoot." I gulp, Marco grips my coat tighter. Two thugs pass the opening, they see us. Coming over, they Jack me up, drag me out and over to the group. "Its the blue ninja playing doctor." I recognize Ultras high crazy chick voice. Looking up, Killow is beside her. Voilet takes her knife, slicing my face from the right temple, across my eye, my nose and ending at my opposite cheek. I fall, sleeve pressed to the cut, it's deep. Ultra goes to hit me again when Killow stops her. He grabs my collor, lifting me up and unfolds the corner of my collor. The name tag is seen. He drops me and I smack into the tile.

"You'll see to our friend or we kill every staff member here." Ultra says, firing a round into the ceiling. I hold my hands up, looking to Marco, he comes over. "He's my assistant, I'll need his help." I explain when Killow aims the gun at hem. I walk over to the guy, two gun shots, one is fatal. I grab my stethoscope, pressing botton to alert the police. Listening to his heart, he won't make it. His lungs are filling up, stomach is destroyed, lungs are collapsed. "I'm sorry, there's nothing that can be done." I said. "Marco run." He takes off, going behind the bullet proof glass of an ICU room. Killow back hands me, I fall on a cart. Ultra straddles my legs but I head butt her. Standing, my lightening creaks, I shock two of the thugs. Ultra comes close, she swings the knife, it cuts my lips three times and I have to matrix to avoid my throat getting slashed. She takes the helt in hand, clocking me in the temple. I drop like dead weight.

When I come to, Killow is typing my mouth. I struggle in the duck tape that holds me tight to a rolling chair, legs taped to the neck of the chair. Ultra looks behind her, seeing me awake. "Thought I killed you for a second." She says. I just glair at her. She walks over, knife in hand. "Saddly, the doors are all locked so we can't use the staff or patients against you. But, I can do this." I throw my head back as ultra Sinks the blade into my diaphragm. My breath comes in gasps after that. "You won't die from that but it is painful. Killow, disable hem, I don't want hem walking." Ultra said. Killow comes over, grabbing my bad leg, I grunt as he aggravates the old wound. "Break it." Ultra snears. I scream from behind the tape as he instantly shatters the bone. My head falls, body slumps forward, the tape holds me up. Pain registers in my leg and arm as she cuts the two, I know nothing afterward.

The sound of beeping meets me as I open my eyes. Marco stares at me from the door of the ICU. "Thank god, you've been out of it for a week." He comes over. A hand in mine has me looking at dad. "The police showed, the SOG were taken away. You almost died on us." Marco said. "How...how is ...everyone." I rasp. Marco smiles "Worried about you, boss." He said. I hum, getting sleepy and I let it take me.

(Flash back ends.)

"I only just got back a week ago. My legs worse than it was, I now have a visible lemp. Oh, and Cole." I say. Cole looks at me "Yeah love." I ponch the crap out of his arm. "When you grabbed me, you grabbed where she stabbed my diaphragm." I tell hem. "Sorry love." Cole kisses my cheek. We get our food, I notice something under my napkin. Lefting it off, I can only look at the voilet box. Lifting the lid, inside is a blue/black streaked choker necklace. Lifting it up, the pendant is seen. It's the earth symbol with a lightening bolt in the middle.

I look at Cole, he stares at me. "You like it." Cole asks. I reach for my neck, pulling the choker around and do the clasp. It is tight enough to stay right in the middle of my neck. The pendant touches my collor bone. "I love it. I use to ware one when I was younger but it got broken by bullies who picked on me for being gay." I say.

Cole's p.o.v

"Jay, can I tell you something." I ask. He looks at me. "You can tell me anything." He said. "That choker, I found it in the drawer of the nightstand. I was looking for my bracelet mom gave me and I found that in there. Kai helped me make the pendant and I made the choker. That's yours originally, we just made it new." I tell hem. Jay takes his phone out, pulling up a picture, it's of the very choker that's on his neck but the pendant is melted, the strap broke in three pieces. I show the picture of before and after I fixed it. Jay covers his mouth, fingers close around the pendant. "I held onto it all these years, thinking there's no way it can be fixed. I was ready to throw it away and you gave it back. I bought it when I turned ten, just for the hell of having one. And I ended up liking it." Jay said. He hugs me, I gladly return it. "Thank you, my Rocky. I love it." I smile, laying my head on his. "Anytime love. Anytime." I said.