Chapter 13

Jay's p.o.v

We get home later, I go to our room. Cole follows me, I strip, turn on the shower and get in. He joins me, rubbing his knuckles into my shoulders. I groan as they relax, the tight muscles loosening. "Let me care for you, my lightening bug." I nod, resting my head on the wall. Cole keeps rubbing his knuckles along my back, he doesn't want pleasure, just wanting to help me relax. The water soon runs cold and we get out. I dress in a top Nd shorts, crawl into bed and I'm out like a light.

"Cole.. Cole." I wake to Kai waking Cole for training. Cole climes over me, I look at hem, roll back over and fall asleep. The next time I wake is to Lloyd with a tray. Sitting up, I check my phone while he sets the tray down. The reminder I made tells me I'm on night shift today. Lloyd sits on the bed as I eat. "Tell the gang to not disturb me. I'm working nights right now." I tell hem. Lloyd nods, I finish and he takes the tray back. Lloyd leaves, I take ear buds, put them in and listen to music, falling back asleep.

Lloyd's p.o.v

Walking out in the yard, Wu and dad look to me. "Did he eat." Dad asks. "Yeah, also, he told me to tell y'all not to disturb hem, he's working night shift starting today." I say. They all nod, we continue training. It gets close to six o'clock, Zane made dinner when soft foot steps sound. We all look at Jay as he comes down the hall, dressed to go to work.

He sits by Cole, fixing a plate of food and digs in. "This is great Zane, thank you." Jay said. Zane nods, I notice something white in Jay's left ear. "Jay, what's in your ear." He reaches up, the look of amazement crosses hos face. He pulls out a Bluetooth earbud. "I ware them when I'm on nights and sleeping during the day. They cancel out the noise." Jay said. We all nod, Jay looks at his phone. "I got an hour before my shift starts. So, what's new." Jay said. We all talk about what's been happening and pretty soon Jay is walking to the hospital.

Jay's p.o.v

Seven o'clock rolls around, me and Marco walk out the glass doors. He waves as I do the surfer hand. Coming up on the Bounty, I open the door toe revile everyone eatting. Zane smiles, Cole nods to the plate beside hem. Sitting down, I begin to eat my fill. Listening to them talk, I soon zone them out as I think about the little boy in my care. He's Wyvern's age when she went into the coma, the police found hem in a dumpster and brought hem to us. I'm looking hem over personally. A hand in front of my face has me looking at Cole.

Looking, everyone is looking at me. "Your not going to sleep, are you." Garmadon asks. "No, thinking about the little boy in my care. He's two years old and he was abandoned in a dumpster. The police brought him to us and I'm caring for hem personally." I say. Cole rubs my back "The commissioner is looking for the little guys family, if he has any and to look for someone to take hem in." I said, Cole's motions making me sleepy. Cole stands, he picks me up, I wrap an arm around his neck and Cole takes me to our room.

Cole's p.o.v

Opening our bedroom door, I lay Jay on the bed. He's so tired, he just lays there. Grabbing hem a tank top and shorts, I gladly change my beloved. His eyes keep closing and opening as I change hem. Finishing, I maneuver hem to lay under the covers. Setting his phone, Jay puts his buds in, I hear the soft music playing and kiss his scared cheek. Jay's asleep before I even move to the door. Smiling, I head to rejoin the others. Sitting in my spot again, Wu looks at me.

"Jay was so tired, I had to change hem and tuck hem in. I don't mind, I actually enjoyed doing it." I say. We finish eatting and go train.