Two

Brooklyn Fever

•••

Angel's house.
1:23 a.m

"Is he dead?"

"Angel, if you're trying to scare me to death, you're doing a great job!", George responds to Angel's comments.

Meryl watches the kids fight over what should they do and decides to take the matter into her own hands.
She walks towards the sofa, where they have put Dante's unconscious body and slaps him really hard.

"Ahhh! What the fuck!?", Dante immediately says as he regains his consciousness. He tries to get up, however he is too weak. He sits for a little more and Meryl goes to drink him some water.

The silence however doesn't last long. Angel realizes who is sitting on their sofa and starts yelling...

"Oh my God, oh my fucking God, it's Dante Phillips. YOU'RE DANTE PHILLIPS!", she says as she jumps around.

George looks at her and understands that Dante needs some quiet time so he tells her to go make him a toast. Angel heads for the kitchen and for her camera.

Dante is a little freaked out as he is still trying to understand how he ended up here. He looks at George
and asks him...

"Is there any chance that you could tell me where I am?", Dante says as he is returning to his senses.

George at first is not sure if he should tell him exactly what happened. He eventually decides to be honest and sits at the sofa while looking Dante in the eyes...

"You showed up out of nowhere, you seemed like you overdosed so I tried to protect myself and I hit you with a cookie."

"A cookie? I fell down because of a cookie?"

"Not any cookie, Meryl's cookies. They can bring down a wall."

Dante laughs and gives George his hand, "I'm Dante, Dante Phillips, nice to meet someone who isn't yelling from hearing my name." George suddenly raises an eyebrow.
Dante feels like he said something wrong. The George has an unexpected memory of Dante.

"I knew I had seen you again."

"At a concert?"

"No at Central Park. You fell into me."

"You're the own who pushed me aside to go to the demonstration."

"Yeah, I'm not a fan so I won't freak out. I'm George."

"You don't have a last name?"

"Why do you care? It's not like we are going to become best pals or anything."

Dante doesn't really like the answer but he knows that George is right. It's not like he has made any real friend ever since his career exploded.

Angel comes from the kitchen with a toast. She gives it to Dante and he eats it in a minute.