Sixteen

The Realization

•••

"One second! Wait, I'm coming, stop knocking the freaking door!", Meryl says as someone knocks the door over and over for a minute.

She opens and finds George, lost in his thoughts, while he is looking for Angel.

"You look like a mess my sweet boy, come inside.", Meryl says to him and goes to bring some water. She returns with it and George drinks it with one shot.

She takes a seat next to him and points out that Angel is out with Rita and Stuart. After that, George gets ready to leave but Meryl stops him.

She holds his hand and says to him, "I'm not letting you go out there all by yourself looking like that. What happened sweetie?"

George looks at her and starts narrating what happened earlier...

•••

1 hour earlier.

"Just wait, why are you leaving?", George asks Dante as he follows him outside the club.

He finally reaches him and Dante immediately pulls away. He turns and look at George as he tries to hide how he really feels.

"What is wrong with the penthouse? Why can't you keep living with me?"

"Are you serious? Ever since you met me, I'm talking about independence. How independent can I be, if I keep living with you for free?"

Dante gets mad and decides not to say anything else, he just turns around and starts walking back home leaving George alone behind him.

•••

"Oh dear, I haven't realised that you had feelings for that musician, I'm so sorry.", Meryl responds to George.

He looks into the unknown and says...

"You know what? Neither did I."

"So just go there and tell him how you feel, what do you have to lose?"

George turns his eyes to Meryl and starts considering her advice. If is he going to use it, remains to be seen.

•••

Meanwhile Dante returns to the penthouse and immediately heads for the mini bar. Harry wakes up from the noise and finds his brother drinking whiskey like it's water.