Eleven

The Factory

•••

1 hour later.
Hospital.

"God, why the fucking hell are they taking so long.", Meryl is saying in the hospital's waiting room.

Five steps away from her, Dante and George are sitting together, with George holding Dante's hand from the moment they left Brooklyn. He probably hasn't even realized it, but he needs someone to calm him down.

Eventually a doctor comes out of Angel's room and walks towards them.

The boys get up and Meryl is ready to fall down out of fear for her daughter's life. Then the doctor stands in front of them and before he starts talking, he notices that Dante and George are holding hands.

George figures it out and he let's go, not out of shame but because he hadn't realized it sooner. After that, the doctor starts speaking...

"She was lucky. She survived, however the dose was too much for her. We will have to watch over her for the rest of the week."

"Can we see her?", Meryl asks, not being able to run and hug Angel.

"Yes, however she will be asleep. Goodnight.", he concludes and departs.

After that Meryl immediately runs to the room. Before George joins her, he turns to Dante...

"Hey, It's really late, why don't you go get some sleep?"

"No it's ok. Actually I would like to stay here with you. In cause you need something."

George doesn't answer for a few seconds. He is thinking what he should say to Dante.

"Go get some sleep. I have to keep company to Meryl. I'm sorry for sending you off like that."

"No, I get it. I will see you back at the Penthouse. I still have your backpack there so there is no escape.", Dante responds and turns to leave.

"Hey, Dante.", George says before he joins Meryl.

Dante turns around, he looks at George and asks, "What?", with an understanding smile.

"Thank you for today."

"No, thank you."

After that Dante departs and George goes to his best friend's room.